We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated Community Nurse to work within Torbay and South Devon Locality.
You will be joining our specialist team with the aim to visit people living in their own homes, providing support that helps them live with more independence and choice. We provide immediate, short-term service over a seven-day period available to adults who have an acute physical health crisis or a sudden breakdown in care.
The service aims to support safe discharges from hospital, as well as preventing admission to hospital or to a residential or nursing home. #caretojoinMain duties of the job
- To deliver high quality care to the housebound patients of Paignton and Brixham and work as part of multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with primary care and secondary care.
- An ability to provide and receive complex, sensitive and contentious information: using empathy and reassurance skills
- Can provide motivational and negotiation skills in areas where consent/ co-operation is required or there may be barriers to understanding. To include undertaking best interest decisions
- To ensure timely and effective communication with the team manager and other team members on professional matters
- To liaise with patients/relatives who could be unpredictable/or challenging in their responses because of stress related problems
Paignton and Brixham Health and Well-Being Team are a large but supportive team who enjoys mentoring team members and students and is passionate about delivering quality care to the housebound patients.
We work in an integrated way with allied health care professionals within the locality. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a health work/home life balance.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
An ability to provide and receive complex, sensitive and contentious information: using empathy and reassurance skills
To liaise with patients/relatives who could be unpredictable/or challenging in their responses because of stress related problems
To undertake Specialist Nursing and Continuing Care assessments (with appropriate training) Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Qualified Registered Nurse Level 1
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Community Nurse Prescriber V150
- Proven relevant experience in a range of clinical skills including complex and specialist skills
- Utilising specialist knowledge across a wide range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge.
- Ability to make sound clinical judgements and decisions in response to complex or crisis situations
- Health and Safety awareness
- Understands clinical governance
- Ability to demonstrate relevant team worker experience
- Proven relevant experience in communicate complex information to patients, carers, and health and social care staff
- Full driving license
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of working in an integrated health and social care environment
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kings Ash House
Kings Ash Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.