This role offers an exciting opportunity to work as a Band 7 SLT in Northallerton.This role includes assessing and treating adult neurology patients in our outpatient clinic based at the Friarage Hospital and also in patient's own homes, with a further opportunity to work with complex dysphagia, dysfluency and voice.
There may also be opportunities to work on The Rutson Unit which includes working closely with the multidisciplinary team, attending a case conference and working with a wide range of adult neurology patients with SLT needs.
There is a monthly videofluoroscopy clinic and these skills are therefore desirable. This could also be an opportunity for you to train and acquire skills for this instrumental assessment.
You will work closely with the team lead, a specialist SLT and SLT assistants, and support their training, supervision and line management as required.Main duties of the job
The post will enable you to develop specialist skills within a supportive team structure, with regular supervision and the opportunity to contribute to the development of the service.
The role includes:
- Assessment and treatment of adult neurology patients with communication and swallowing needs
- Assessment and treatment of patients with dysfluency or voice difficulties as competent to do so
- Work on the rehabilitation unit including attending case conferences, working in the MDT and assessing and treating patients on the unit
- Providing support, supervision, training and line management of SLT/SLTAs as required
- Undertaking assessment and treatment of patients on The Rutson Rehab unit, outpatient clinics and inpatient and domiciliary visits to patient's home and also care homes.
- Attending monthly videofluoroscopy clinic attendance as per competenceAbout us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
For further information on this position please see the Job Description & Personal Specification attached or contact Karen Woodford firstname.lastname@example.org or Jannine Swinson.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- HCPC registration
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant post graduate dysphagia qualification to masters level
- Leadership Development courses
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.