The NHS records, stores and uses vast amounts of sensitive data every single day. While the protection of this data has always been an utmost priority, offensive cyber activity has opened up numerous new attack fronts that the NHS must now protect against.
This new role is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated person with an interest in cyber security to join our small cyber team, supporting the IT security officer in investigating and responding to IT security incidents. Your focus will be to monitor our security systems, assessing, investigating and presenting findings both within the team and outside of it. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the technical resolution of security alerts, sometimes involving multiple colleagues across separate teams.
You will be interested in technology and will ideally have prior experience of helping to provide a customer-focused IT service within a large organisation.
This is a full time, permanent position with a working week of 37.5 hours and is based at Foxbrake House, Dorchester or 11 Shelley Road, Bournemouth although flexible working arrangements are available.
Employment in this post requires an Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be part of the IT security function within the IT infrastructure team, monitoring, reviewing, analysing and interpreting incidents and alerts generated by the Trust's IT security systems and a number of other inputs. The post holder will be responsible for co-ordinating the technical resolution of alerts, sometimes involving multiple colleagues across separate teams.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Dorset HealthCare is in partnership withThe Princes Trust
to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we offer an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access the support.Person SpecificationKnowledge, skills and trainingEssential
- Degree level qualification or equivalent or relevant practical experience
- Security specific qualification or training
- ITIL Foundation
Job specific experienceEssential
- Subject to the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act, able to travel using own vehicle on Trust business.
- Relevant experience in health service or other customer service oriented organisation
- Experience of working with service requests and maintaining accurate and contemporaneous records for the benefit of customers and colleagues
- Previous experience of leading or being involved in the investigation and remediation of security incidents
- Previous knowledge and experience of the investigation and remediation of malware infections and outbreaks
- Knowledge of common IT infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Excellent general IT skills and knowledge of wide range of software tools
Personal qualities and attributesEssential
- Awareness of common technical and procedural security controls and their application
- Awareness of common cyber security tools used in the course of investigations or incidents
- Demonstrable experience working in the NHS
- Skilled in the use of endpoint and perimeter cyber security solutions
- Previous knowledge and experience in cyber security threat analysis and the use of software utilities to identify threats and eliminate false positives
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Capable of explaining technical concepts in clear concise understandable terms to varied audiences with different levels of understanding
- Strong organisational skills and ability to act under pressure
- Able to analyse complex situations and take rational decisions/actions, based on information available
- Receptive and open to feedback
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the Trust's IT security policies and acceptable use policy
- Awareness of the NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT)
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
4-6 Nuffield Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.