This is an exciting opportunity to work with people experiencing cognitive deficits. You will be a key part in the diagnostic process, be confident in talking to people and building trust and a therapeutic relationship to guide and inform decision making. You will enjoy working in collaboration with service users, next of kin and carers to enable and empower service users to maintain independence and continue living in the community with the right sort of support for them. You will have an enthusiasm for learning and teaching and we will support you to continue with your professional development in dementia and older adult care.Main duties of the job
- Value and be responsive to the individual rights, needs and opinions of the people using our services and in the performance of all the activities of the staff nurse role.
- Undertake assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment management programmes to an agreed standard. Provide therapeutic interventions and group work, and individual follow-up.
- Promote and maintain a person centred care approach in all aspects of service delivery to uses and carers accessing our service
- Deliver appointment and interventions in the Memory Service base and also in the wider community settings.
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to participate and inform the service, develop new ideas and initiatives and evidence based practice. We have many opportunities to support each other, a regular morning safety huddle to inform and advise each other, a monthly CPD morning where we share good practice, service development and engage in peer support. Our multi disciplinary team are supportive and encouraging.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationKnowledge amd skillsEssential
- Act as key worker for service user throughout their pathway with memory service
- Ensure that comprehensive initial assessment is carried out for all assigned users and carers to identify individual assessment, treatment and post diagnostic needs in conjunction with the multi disciplinary team
- Work in conjunction with others to ensure effective and supportive diagnosis and post diagnostic interventions
- Ensure appropriate collaborative involvement of service users, carers and significant others in the assessment process, and in the formulation and implementation of treatment plans, whilst respecting the wishes and autonomy of the individual
- Ensure clear effective communication and support for service users and /or the person identified as the main supporter
- Complete appropriate documentation regarding assessments, risk, diagnosis, and treatment plans etc. which is accessible by other members of the multi disciplinary team
- Ensure that appropriate clear information is communicated to both the service user and their identified significant other/carer and that care records are up to date and relevant
- Deliver group and 1:1 educational interventions with service users and their supporters/carers
- Be personally responsible for maintaining professional registration within your relevant professional body
- Be prepared to undertake appropriate training out of their professional training to enable delivery of all aspects of expected interventions.
- 2 post RMHN registration Dementia Training/experience/transferable skills
- An awareness of other services and agencies for people with special needs e.g. dementia
- An awareness and or use of assessment tools used in cognitive decline/brain injury
Training and QualificationsEssential
- Evidence of dementia knowledge
- counselling skills
- non medication interventions for people living with dementia
- Registration with NMC or HCP
- Experience of working with carers/supporters
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to working to meet the needs of service
- Evidence of person centred care approach
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Memory Service, Longley Centre
Norwood Grange Drive
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.