Following an organisational restructure we are delighted to be able to offer an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as an Senior AHP Operational Manager. You will be a passionate, forward thinking registered Allied Health Professional who is driven, experienced and highly motivated.
The successful applicant will be a champion and leader of high professional standards and excellence within services. This job will be based cross site and the portfolio will include Emergency medicine, same day emergency care services and acute medicine.
Within the medicine care group you will be part of a team of senior AHP operational managers each responsible for a directorate, alongside nursing, medical and manager colleagues.Main duties of the job
You will provide strong, visible and effective AHP leadership and accountability for the in areas of responsibility.
You will set clear expectations to support staff in delivering compassionate care, creating systems to ensure they remain connected to their own and the organisations core values to create a culture of compassion, creativity and candour which is truly committed to improving the service user experience every step of their care pathway.
You will lead on delivering transformation through a team of AHP managers and advanced clinical specialists working as part of the therapy teams . As well as a strong day to day operational management responsibility and delivering the AHP Assurance Framework, you will lead on service developments, business case development and service planning.
If this sounds like you we'd love to hear from you!About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationEducation, qualifications and trainingEssential
- Diploma/degree in relevant profession
- Health Professions Council registration
- MSC Qualification or willingness to undertake Masters Level modules relevant to Clinical Specialty / Management Responsibilities Membership of the relevant professional body
- Evidence of recent on-going personal development
Experience and knowledgeEssential
- Advanced / validated clinical post graduate education
- MSc modules relevant to clinical care / evidence based practice
- Membership of relevant Clinical Interest Group
- Leadership qualification/training
- Evidence of formal post graduate training in management or Health Services Management Training programme
- Extensive experience and credibility as a clinical leader and evidence of a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of their registered profession
- Experience of complex caseload management and discharge planning
- Knowledge of the current workforce, quality and education agendas within the NHS
- Experience of change management, policy development, organizational change, service development, linking to HEI's
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of working at senior management level
- Budgetary Management
- Experience of waiting list management
- Experience of report writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of corporate needs with regard to decision making and service developments
- Experience of service redesign
- Experience of user Involvement
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.