Are you a qualified and experienced registered pharmacy technician looking for an exciting new challenge as part of a forward thinking and dynamic pharmacy team?
We are looking for 2 enlightened technicians to join the team as a medicines management technician for a 24 month period to provide support for specific project work. These new and innovative posts would suit ambitious and forward thinking registered pharmacy technicians who would join the Community Mental Health Team as integral members of the Essex Partnership University Trust (
EPUT) Pharmacy Service.
If you are looking for a unique opportunity in a responsible and challenging post, this could be the role for you. You will work independently at times as well as operating closely with the advanced pharmacists, supporting medicines switches, updating medication records and liaising with the community mental health teams across the EPUT footprint. The post includes participation in the weekly ACPT, weekend and bank holiday dispensary rota, and there may be opportunity to work additional hours elsewhere within the pharmacy team, as part of our staff bank.
We are seeking self-motivated and adaptable pharmacy technicians with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills to take on this exciting new post. Main duties of the job
Your role will be primarily community based and involve delivering a medicines optimisation service in order to provide high quality, efficient pharmaceutical care to patients across our community mental health teams and you will work closely with both the wider pharmacy team and the integrated multi-disciplinary teams to develop innovative working practices and improve medicines optimisation. A recognised medicines management qualification is essential for this role.
The trust has a strong commitment to learning and development you will be supported with full training that is required for this role and we can offer support to develop your career within a friendly and supportive team of professionals.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide specialist medicines management support in a specific area of clinical and/or operational practice, to support the medicines-related care of patients, support the provision of medicines management services and to participate in training and education as required.
See the Job Description and Person Specification for full details.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BTEC/NVQ level 3 in pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent
- Accredited checking qualification
- Current registration with GPhC
- Medicines management/Medicines Reconciliation qualification or willingness to work towards
- CPPE consultation skills qualification or equivalent
- NVQ A1 workplace assessor or willingness to work towards
- Shares trusts beliefs and models this in attitude and behaviour
- Ensures trust values are demonstrated
- Driving licence / access to a vehicle for work
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to use initiative and solve problems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alone and motivate staff
- Ability to demonstarte effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of psychotropic drug therapy
- Relevant post registration pharmacy experience, including mental health
- Experience as working as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Literate in IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of developing SOPs
- Experience of supervising staff
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelford Court Pharmacy
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.