Sussex Partnership have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our acute (inpatient) services at Mill View Hospital in Hove. The post holder will work with adult patients on Regency Ward (10 WTE), a 20-bed acute adult mental health ward.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to those advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be expected to provide specialist medical and psychiatric assessment, and treatment on Regency Ward. As part of this you will provide specialist medical advice and consultation to a range of health and social care staff to promote effective delivery of person-centred mental health care.
You will provide senior medical leadership to the ward and take the lead in managing complex cases, as well as providing clinical advice and liaison as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties.
The post holder will work closely with the well-established and supportive Multi-Disciplinary Team to contribute towards local service development You will also be part of a Trust wide consultant network, where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see consultant peers weekly at the local academic programme, at regular meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.About us
Sussex Partnership is about the people. The people we work for, the people we work with and the people we want to become. We want to create the right job for you that not only provides a high quality service for our service users and carers but works with your interests. Research
- Are you looking to further or start your research? We have Research Assistants embedded within teams and have access to leading edge technology to support you with this. Education
- Are you interested in taking students on placement or getting involved with teaching? We have strong links with Brighton and Sussex Medical School and encourage our Consultants to become supervisors to Foundation, GP, Core or Higher trainees.. Support
- Are you looking for opportunities to work flexibly or work in teams that understand and support each other? We appreciate how caring our staff are and recognise the importance of caring about you too.
If you haven't thought about living inSussex
before then you should consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Please see attached Job Description for a full list of duties and responsibilities:
- To work within the multidisciplinary team to provide a high quality of psychiatric assessment, treatment and care to users and their carers in a range of settings. This includes Mental Health Act assessments during working hours.
- Psychiatric and, when appropriate, physical investigations of patients in hospital settings. Related medical and administrative documentation including preparation of Mental Health Review Tribunal reports.
- To operate within guidelines, policies and procedures relevant to the post.
- To provide clinical advice, liaison and consultation as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties in line with new ways of working
- When necessary, covering duties of senior medical colleagues in order to ensure continuity of medical care.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
**Please note the Job Description is with the Royal College for approval**Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNINGEssential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mill View Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.