Do you want to be part of something special and help us to modernise our theatre services? Are you passionate about patient care, new ways of working and the development of an inclusive clinical environment where all views are heard and valued?
Here at Salisbury, we've committed to an exciting theatre change programme which has already seen significant investment in the workforce. As part of this we're keen to recruit experienced Anaesthetic Practitioners to support our expanding theatre vision. Therefore, if you possess excellent anaesthetic skills and have the teaching and leadership qualities needed to motivate and drive a team, we'd love to hear from you. All we ask is that you bring lots of ideas, a proactive nature and a keenness to embrace change and team development.Main duties of the job
The post holder must be a registered ODP or nurse with extensive experience as a Band 6 Anaesthetic Practitioner within the operating theatres of an acute hospital
Not only will the post holder be a clinical expert in anaesthetics, but they will also display a passion for teaching and will use these skills daily to facilitate staff development, staff satisfaction and excellent patient care
As this expert theatre practitioner, the post holder will role model the skills and qualities expected by the department and will support the wider anaesthetic team to develop in line with the Trust's ambitious theatre modernisation plan. This will include embracing change and seeking out new opportunities that benefit both patient care and the staff experience.About us
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (SFT) is an innovative hospital with a proud heritage and over 250 years of experience behind us. Here we're driven to deliver an outstanding experience for everyone and have been well regarded for the quality of care and treatment we continue to provide for our patients and also our staff.
We are an acute Trust, rated Good by the CQC, with a track record of high performance providing regional and super regional specialist services such as: Burns, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Wessex Rehabilitation, Spires Cleft Centre and the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre. We have about 470 beds and employ over 4000 staff.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. We think working here is pretty rewarding. You can access a range of NHS discounts, receive a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme. On-site benefits include car parking (fee applies), leisure centre, day nursery and holiday play scheme.
Salisbury is an attractive place to live and work and really gives you the best of everything. With easy access to London and local airports, the city of Southampton is only a short train or car journey away or if you prefer the sea, Bournemouth is also accessible. Don't just take our word for it, why not explore what Salisbury has to offer by visiting www.experiencesalisbury.co.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification which is attached.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse/Registered Operating Department Practitioner educated to Degree Level or relevant experience.
- Assessing and mentoring qualification
- oEvidence of continuing professional development
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Leadership qualification or relevant experience
- At least two years' experience in an anaesthetic role
- Demonstrable, and recent experience of leading a theatre team
- Evidence of commitment to the professional development of others
- oDemonstrable, and recent experience of change management and problem solving abilities
Skills & abilitiesEssential
- Possession of theatre resource management skills i.e. to maximise theatre efficiency
- Understanding of current NHS Elective Recovery agenda
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Well-developed leadership and motivational skills
- Inquisitive nature with a keenness to embrace change
- Problem solver/decision maker with the ability to think laterally
- Assertive in a professional manner
Salisbury NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Salisbury NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.