We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist who wants to continue to develop their skills on a band 6 rotation within a busy and exciting Acute Medical therapy team.
This Specialist Band 6 role offers the opportunity to provide services across all medical specialties which include Medicine for Older People, Emergency Medicine, Gastroenterology and Renal Medicine.Main duties of the job
You will be working in our multi professional team which is led by highly specialist Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
You will demonstrate a holistic approach to patient care, joint therapy working and service development.Your will use your assessment, treatment, and discharge planning skills.
You will be involved in the development of the services you are based in,
You will supervise junior staff and students.
You will be encouraged to consolidate your knowledge and develop your clinical and non-clinical skills through CPD within supportive team environments.
You will receive regular supervision and be part of an active band 6 peer group.
You will contribute to a weekend service.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Recognised BSC Honours degree in occupational therapy or equivalent
- State registration via Health and Care Professions Council
- Evidence of relevant post graduate training including attendance at relevant specialist courses
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Involvement in special interest group
- Registered member of the British Association of Occupational Therapy
- Postgraduate clinical experience as a junior in a broad rotational post
- Specialist knowledge of occupational therapy assessment and treatment technique
- Working knowledge of local and national policies and procedures e.g. Manual Handling, College of Occupational Therapists/Health and Care Professionals Council Code of Conduct/Ethics, Health and Safety, Infection Control, CPR, Equality and Diversity
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development
- Experience of and commitment to interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary team working
- Experience of supervision of students and assistants
- Evidence of contribution to clinical education and in-service training of less experienced staff/students and assistants
- Understanding of clinical effectiveness and its implications for services including experience of quality issues, audit and evidence based practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of safeguarding practices relevant to the clinical area
- NHS experience
- Knowledge of working of intermediate care and community services
- To have attended a clinical educators course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience at this level
- Evidence of participation in research
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Manchester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.