Our friendly and growing team is ready to welcome a new team member who will share our passion for improving access and the quality of care for people with eating disorders. We currently have a vacant Band 6 post in west Essex covering the Uttlesford, Harlow and Loughton areas. We welcome applications from staff within a core discipline (eg RMN/OT). Previous experience of working in an eating disorders service is desirable but not necessary, as we would support you to develop your skills.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who has a demonstrable interest in working with clients suffering with an eating disorder. You will receive regular professional and management supervision and will be supported to develop skills in this specialist area.
Working as part of a growing multidisciplinary team, you will provide community and day care treatment to patients with eating disorders including Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa, and you will also support the roll out of the FREED pathway within the service and our new medical monitoring pathway.
You will join a rapidly developing service that will provide excellent learning and development opportunities to the successful candidate. Please note: This is a permanent role however, if applying internally it can be a 12-month secondment with the option to turn into a permanent post.Main duties of the job
- You will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team in providing high quality, evidence- based, holistic assessments and individualised packages of care to patients in line with your NMC/RCOT professional code of conduct and Trust policies.
- You will contact patients following referral, conduct urgent and routine assessments, develop and agree collaborative care plans, and deliver a range of interventions based upon individual service user needs. Assessments and interventions can take place in patient's homes, team bases, hospital and other community settings.
- As required, you will have responsibility for both the assessment and treatment of patients allocated to you as well as contributing to the group treatment programme of the intensive day treatment service of the team. You will also provide supervision and management of lower banded staff within your professional group. This will include the management of these staff in line with agreed Trust HR
- You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering
- In delivering your duties you are expected to display behaviours that are aligned with the Trust values and in accordance with the NHS Constitution at all times.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
- Provide and oversee the management and care of patients referred to the eating disorders service
- Produce and manage accurate and timely documentation/records on all service users in line with your professional code of conduct and Trust Policy
- Oversee the conduct/contribute to the assessment process, as well as observation and ongoing assessment, providing accurate and timely feedback
- Conduct risk assessment of the individual and of the potential hazards in the service users environment
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings e. referral/review/business
- Conduct and oversee physical health care checks and act upon the findings
- Act as a care coordinator and/or key worker
- Lead, facilitate and support group work such as relaxation, psycho-education, and specific eating disorder intervention groups for the treatment of Bulimia Nervosa or Anorexia Nervosa.
- Provide education and support to develop service users understanding of mental illness and training packages for staff
- Provide psycho-social intervention, education and support to develop service users understanding of mental illness with the aim to prevent relapse and admission.
- Provide practical support, guidance and education for service users and their carers.
- Undertake carers assessment in line with the Trusts key performance indicators
- Report and document incidents as required
- Be competent in use of relevant screening and assessment tools and supervise lower banded staff to undertake this function.
- Provide comprehensive assessment, care planning, treatment and review of care in line with the requirements of the Mental Health Care Clusters
- Provide formulation, delivery and review of individualised evidence based care/care packages according to NICE guidance including non-medication strategies
- Lead in the continuing development of a high quality service that is underpinned by evidence based practice, care pathways/packages and NICE and DH Guidance
- Identify, assess and manage clinical and non-clinical risks/hazards in your area through the completion of the relevant risk assessments
- Implement the risk treatment plans for inclusion in the local and Trusts risk registers through the Risk Management department
- Participate in audit and research
- Undertake physical health checks of services users and act on the findings appropriately
- Understand the eligibility criteria and assessment process for Self-Directed Support (SDS) to meet service user needs
- Review SDS services in a robust and efficient manner, pro-actively promoting the approach of SDS
- Understand and utilise Health and Social Care commissioned services, demonstrating an empathetic approach of Fairer Access to Care Services
- Core Non-Clinical Function
- Manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral/review/business/ handover
- Take part in service development and review
- Participate in the recruitment process for clinical staff as required
- Ensure the service meets the agreed performance/contractual targets and adheres to local and government initiatives
- Provide clinical and managerial leadership and expertise to junior team members.
- Work closely with and assist the professional lead with development and implementation of team operational policies
- Deliver training where appropriate for other professionals
- 2 years post registration experience in mental health
- Evidence of co-ordinating care for a group of patients
- Evidence of continuing professional/personal development
- Knowledge of community mental health services
- Knowledge of physical and psychological aspects of eating disorders
- Experience of working with people with eating disorders
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Valid Driving license and Car available for work purposes
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.