Estates Multi-Skilled Supervisor (Mechanical)
37.5 Hours Per week
�35,392 - �42,618 per annum
Closing Date: 06th Oct 2023
Interview Date: TBC This post may close early due to high numbers of applications so you are advised to apply promptly.
All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas. A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertise and enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day. #JoinTeamEliot Main duties of the job
The post holder will be an experienced and qualified mechanical supervisor responsible to the Head of Estates for the efficient and safe operations of all engineering services (mechanical) within the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.
The post holder will be required to lead, motivate, train and develop the Trusts Maintenance Team, ensuring effective use of resources and materials to provide an efficient maintenance service for GEH.About us
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care' takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are:
Effective Open Communication
excellence and safety in everything we do
Challenge but support
Expect respect and dignity
Local health that inspires confidence Benefits
Our benefits include but are not limited to: On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site discounted gym, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will directly line manage the mechanical trade staff on a day to day basis ensuring high levels of planned and reactive maintenance compliance
The role will also include managing the mechanical small works installation and the overtime that may be required to ensure that the the Trust receives best value for money when completing these worksPerson SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- oMinimum of 4 years trade experience
- oFault finding and installation
- oExperience of managing staff.
Qualification and Professional TrainingEssential
- oExperience of working in a hospital environment
- oMulti-skilled qualification
- oKnowledge of Health Technical Memorandums
- oAuthorised Person for relevant speciality
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- oProfessional knowledge acquired through HNC/HND or equivalent plus specialist knowledge to masters level or equivalent
- oExcellent communication skills, providing and receiving complex information able to communicate to specialists and non-specialists
- oExcellent organisational and planning skills for dealing with ongoing projects, long term maintenance plans and day to day prioritising of work able to work to deadlines.
- oAnalytical skills to enable diagnosis of complex technical problems.
- oAble to use computer databases (eg. RAMS) and other computer software
- oNegotiation skills.
- oUnderstanding of health and safety matters relating to plant and equipment
- oProfessional and courteous manner.
- oFlexibility to participate in emergency and on call rota.
- oAble to use fine tools and electronic equipment.
- oAbility to work under pressure.
- oRequirement to travel to Trust sites and some exposure to unpleasant conditions.
- oRequirement to exert physical effort for several long periods during shifts
- oWillingness to work outside of normal hours if required for the needs of the business
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective Open Communication
- Excellence and safety in all that we do
- Challenge but support
- Expect respect and dignity
- Local healthcare that inspires confidence
George Eliot Hospital NHS TrustAddress
George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.