We are looking for a motivated individual with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
We take pride in nurturing a supportive environment in which to work while ensuring we deliver a high quality service.
Working closely with the Director of Specialist Services, the Head of Business Development will contribute to ensuring that the corporate objectives of the Trust are achieved with specific focus on the provision of business management and QA services within the Estates and Facilities Directorate.
You will have the ability to multi-task at strategic level whilst motivating teams to remain focused and flexible with their approach to their workload within a demanding environment.Main duties of the job
Responsible for the development of a business unit that centralizes the core functions of business management across the directorate - to create, support and promote a modernization programme that enables improvements and efficiencies in management of information, systems, assurance and financial savings.
Will identify Model Hospital improvement opportunities in order to achieve good to excellent ratings in Use of resources assessments.
Professionally accountable for the leadership and strategic management of the Quality Assurance function, quantifying and reporting on the standards of service delivery outputs, for Estates and Facilities Management (EFM).
Collating, interpreting and reporting data relating to the performance of the respective departments within EFMAbout us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description.
We look forward to your application.Person SpecificationCommunicationEssential
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Effective communicator particularly at senior manager levels
- Post qualification experience & track record of managing resources both fiscal and human resources
- Managing strategic and operational change. Including the impact on assets, resources, services & staff and developing new ways of working.
- Experience in the development and implementation of Trust wide policies/strategies.
- Awareness of the wider DH/NHS environment, ability to interpret policy and consider impact on services.
- Quality Assurance Management experience at a Senior Level
- Educated to degree or equivalent specialist knowledge and experience plus additional specialist knowledge acquired through post graduate courses and experience to master's degree level
- A management qualification or equivalent and experience
Personal & People DevelopmentEssential
- QMS Lead Auditor based on ISO 9001:2008
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to think and manage strategically and operationally
- Self motivated with a high level of focus, drive and energy
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.