The role of a Head & Neck Service Co-ordinator is to assist with the provision of all patient services in the Head, Neck & Ophthalmology Centre as requested by the management team.
The position reports to the Assistant Operational Manager who manages performance of inpatients, day care and outpatient services as per locally and nationally agreed objectives, targets, quality standards, controls and resource constraints.
The Head & Neck Co-ordinator will assist the Centre management team in ensuring the smooth delivery of a quality patient focused service.
The post is based at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford however, the successful applicant must be able to cross site work.Main duties of the job
- To deliver on agreed performance targets and work with the Centre management team to manage variances.
- In agreement with the Operational Manager & Assistant Operational Manager, develop and monitor key performance indicators to monitor the performance of surgical services across the Centre. This will include working and engaging with the clinical team to develop service standards and targets.
- Prepare and provide regular, timely and accurate information to the Operational Manager & Assistant Operational Manager using appropriate analytical and presentation techniques using data extracted from the Trust's patient-based information systems.
- In collaboration with the Operational Manager & Assistant Operational Manager, make suggestions to design, develop and maintain information reporting systems, databases and queries.
- To identify capacity and demand variances and monitor these plans on a monthly basis.
- Support in the delivery of the on call service, working closely with the Operational Manager and escalating where necessary
TheShrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trustcan offer yougreat career prospects and a fantastic work-life balance. Situated in one of the most attractive parts of the country with dramatic countryside and bustling towns we have state of the art facilities, supportive friendly teams and excellent professional development opportunities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationEssential qualifications and experienceEssential
- Educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in producing reports using IT software and analytical analysis
- Experience of working in a healthcare setting
Delivering the serviceEssential
- Knowledge or experience of the 18 week programme
- Experience of working in a financial or performance field
- Ability to manage and deliver deadlines within existing resources
- Advanced IT skills with ability to use all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to manage and deliver deadlines within existing resources.
- A commitment to improving patient services through an ability to sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals.
- Well developed influencing skills with the ability to motivate and involve individuals and teams.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self motivated and demonstrating an ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.