INTERNAL TO EMPLOYEES OF HULL UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS TRUST AND NORTHERN LINCOLNSHIRE AND GOOLE TRUST.
The Divisional General Manager is the Divisional lead for the business planning and overall performance of the Division. The Divisional General Manager also provides advice and support to the Operations Director, on relevant matters.
Working in the Medicine Health Group who is made up of 3 Divisions. Each Divisional General Manager is supported by a Business Manager and Assistant business manager.Main duties of the job
The Divisional team is accountable for ensuring and assuring that the total business of the Division is managed safely, effectively, efficiently and in accordance with the strategic and operational objectives of the organisation. This means ensuring that all aspects of patient care and service are delivered to the highest standards, that relevant governance systems and processes are in place, robust and adhered to and that the supporting workforce is fit for purpose.
As a member of the senior management team, the Divisional General Manager will lead on specific professional projects/topics at a corporate level, as agreed with the relevant Director.
The Divisional General Manager will carry ultimate responsibility for the development and delivery of the service strategy, business plan and all key performance and activity targets including robust financial planning and management.
Specifically, the Divisional General Manager is accountable for the leadership and direct line management of the Business Manager and the associated operational and performance across the whole Division.About us Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately �800 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust's secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification/experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development including management studies to masters level or above or equivalent experience
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Leadership/Management qualification
Skills, Knowledge and AbilityEssential
- Significant experience working on both strategic and operational matters
- Significant NHS/ public sector experience and knowledge, including up-to-date knowledge and understanding of NHS systems and policies
- Demonstrable success in building, leading, motivating and developing multidisciplinary teams as a highly effective people manager
- Proven experience of effective performance and budgetary management and control
- Proven success in business planning and in the development of business cases
- Experience of leadership of complex operational change/project management while also developing and maintaining high standards of quality
- Strong, effective leadership and people management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences
- Ability to ensure patient safety by assessing and managing risks associated with service developments
- Ability to work with and through others
- Ability to perform well under pressure and manage unpredictable workload with conflicting priorities
- Quality focused with an innovative approach and the ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to develop effect networks and work collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Ability to critically analyse complex financial and clinical data sets
- Well-developed IT skills to manage and report on complex performance management information
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Personal resilience
- Able to participate in on-call rota as required
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.