Mid Cornwall (St Austell, Newquay, Truro)
We are seeking an experienced paediatric Speech and Language Therapist (SaLT) to lead our established Mid Cornwall Speech and Language Therapy team for 1 year whilst the current post holder is on maternity leave.
The post holder will join an established and proactive leadership team led by the operational lead SaLT.
They will provide supervision and day to day operational team leadership in the mid Cornwall area, such as providing supervision, liaising with service users and managing vacancies.
The post holder will continue to hold a clinical community caseload within Mid Cornwall, as well as have opportunity to retain a clinical specialism through co-ordinating one of our clinical pathways.
Part time will be considered.Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone who
- has experience supervising and/or line managing SaLTs
- is organised and able to prioritise tasks
- is a good listener and seeks feedback from their team about what would support them manage their caseload
- proactively makes seeks solutions to challenges We can offer the post holder
- regular supervision and line management
- flexible working arrangements
- CPD opportunities through our central developmental fund
- a strong service ethos on promoting staff wellbeing
- opportunities to make proactive changes to the service through quality improvement workstreamsAbout us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationEssential
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy (or equivalent qualification) BSc Hons/ MSc
- Registration with Health Professions Council
- Have a high level of specialist knowledge and advanced clinical skills in specialist area up to M.Sc. or equivalent level of education, acquired from post-graduate study and in-depth clinical experience, or advanced professional qualifications, underpinned by knowledge and application of evidence based practice
- Ongoing post graduate training in relevant clinical area
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have knowledge of the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice and the National Curriculum and DFE Early Learning Goals, and be able to carry out EHCP assessments and reviews, and an ability to integrate speech and language targets / programmes into each child's Individual Education Plans
- Experience of analysis and presentation of data - performance/outcomes etc
- Leadership experience
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary and multi-agency teams
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Austell Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.