Hours: Temporary - Bank
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is seeking to recruit Bank SPaRC Practitioners from across a variety of beliefs and faiths to join our SPaRC Team. The successful individuals will work with a dedicated team of SPaRC Practitioners and volunteers to deliver spiritual pastoral and religious care to patients and staff throughout the hospital. We require people who are dedicated work well in a team and have fantastic communications skills.
If you have significant experience in pastoral, spiritual and religious care in a healthcare setting excellent interpersonal skills the ability to work with and value diversity, proven track record of collaboration and empowerment we would love to hear from you. We are particularly interested in individuals who are qualified and able to lead Jumma (Friday congregational prayers), Sikh and Hindu practitioners and/or female candidates.Main duties of the job
The successful candidates will demonstrate a forward thinking approach to working as part of a cross- belief team and be willing to undertake an on-call commitment. Any candidate applying should have ample experience in offering sensitive and safe spiritual and pastoral care to patients, relatives, friends, carers and staff - whether these are people with religious or non-religious beliefs.
The Trust prides itself on being a great place to work and supports its staff to have a healthy work life balance. As such we are willing to consider job shares, part-time working and other options to support flexible working arrangements.
This role is demanding and the successful candidates will need to be emotionally intelligent and able to work within clear boundaries so as to be able to manage difficult situations whilst acting as reflective practitioners.
The successful candidates will be required to be able to demonstrate the Trust values, the responsibilities of the job description and person specificationAbout us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience in working with those from other faiths and belief systems to be able to work in a multi-cultural/cross belief context
- Experience of providing a holistic pastoral support service
- Experience of providing spiritual care / pastoral support services in a health care environment.
- Experience of providing counselling or emotional support services
- Precise, succinct and sensitive communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Pastoral support skills
- The ability to form relationships quickly and foster trust and confidence with staff
- Ability to work in a multi-faith/cross belief setting
- The ability to relate well with all members of the hospital community.
- Good listening skills
- Ability to both offer and receive support from other members of the SPaRC team and other NHS staff
- Able to lead faith based worship where required
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Counselling or coaching qualification or equivalent training.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.