An exciting opportunity has arisen for 1 x Band 6 Substance Misuse Physical Health Nurse Specialists posts within West Gwynedd / Ynys Mon Substance Misuse Services
Some of the physical health issues for individuals accessing substance misuse are listed below and this role will support the early recognition and support of individuals open to the SMS team.
Main duties of the job
- Diminished immune system function and infection.
- Cardiovascular problems- such as hypertension .DVT's
- Gastrointestinal issues- such as nausea, changes in bowel movement, Gastric reflux caused by alcoholism.
- Respiratory problems. - diminished respiratory function, COPD, acute pulmonary syndromes caused by Crack cocaine
- Liver damage.
- Kidney damage.
- Neurological issues
Having a general nurse in West, could support early intervention, reduction on pressures in GPs, Emergency departments and acute hospital admissions by monitoring the following
- Blood pressure and Heart rate
- Sepsis awareness
- BMI - dietary support
- Sexual health
- Wernicke's recognition - early intervention
- Support home detoxes earlier
- Sit in GP surgeries supporting joint working
- Linking in with Primary care mental health nurse in GPs
- Wound care
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registration with the Nurse and Midwifery Council
- Post registration experience within speciality or relevant senior nursing role
- Able to demonstrate nursing skills to senior level
- Able to demonstrate skills in nursing leadership
- Experience and credibility with the health care team as a professional resource in speciality area
- Effective networking in area of speciality
- Demonstrated ability to articulate evidence based nursing advice to a MDT
- Post registration practice within defined scope of clinical speciality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current issues for nursing and health in Wales
- Current government policies. codes, guidelines, and legislation impacting on area of speciality
- BCUHB current vision, goals, and objectives
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
1 x West
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.