We are looking to recruit a motivated individual preferably with experience in Project Management to join our Innovation, Information and Informatics (I3) Team, to work with clinical and nonclinical teams to successfully deliver a variety of digital projects within the Trust
You do not need to be a technology expert, but you will need to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, stakeholder engagement, professionalism and have an enthusiasm for technology in healthcare.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within UHMB's I3 Service which is considered to be digitally mature, a leader in innovation and at the forefront of digital integration.Main duties of the job
The post holder will lead on project delivery, guiding clinical and non-clinical teams through process change, and work with 3rd party organisations to ensure a successful outcomes and measured benefits.
The post holder is required to manage and control the delivery of the project in accordance with best practice methodology, in the best interest of our patients, and under the guidance of a project board.
As this role involves working with a diverse array of clinical and non-clinical teams applicants need to be willing to travel to all sites within the UHMB footprint.About us
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our websitehttps://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Proven track record in successfully delivering digital projects in a similar environment
- Significant level of relevant experience in commercial or health service management or equivalent experience in an IM& T area
- Experience of managing organisational change / Change Management & Benefits realisation
- Must achieve high standards of professional behaviour in dealing with clients and users at all times
Skills, Knowlege and AbilitiesEssential
- Qualified in areas such as Benefits Realisation, Change Management and Process Redesign / Optimisation
- Experience of using project monitoring / tracking tools
- Have a working knowledge of the systems and infrastructure deployed by UHMB
- An in-depth knowledge of how the Health service operates, with particular experience in project management of diverse healthcare technology projects
- Have previous experience implementing eXtended Reality systems
- Strong written and oral skills, to support report writing, presenting and maintaining good relationships
- Strong communication skills which allow the post holder to work effectively with a wide variety of personnel
- Possess the ability to work with confidential information
- Have the ability to asses situations and make judgments to arrive at the correct solution
- Planning, decision making, management of change, working with multi-professionals and working to deadlines
- Skills in business/process analysis
- Managing complex programmes of work
- Problem solving
- Possess a degree or equivalent in Project Management, or an appropriate IT discipline.
- Qualified or trained in project management to a recognised level or methodology
- Must be proactive by nature and demonstrate confidence
- Must be self-motivating and able to demonstrate an ability to achieve targets, and undertake specific projects, working alone or within a small team.
- Show evidence of the desire and ability to learn.
- Must have a fundamental desire to improve patient care through the effective use of clinical systems and be empathetic to clinical issues.
- Current clean Driving License. The job entails travelling across Morecambe Bay and occasional regional or national meetings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Work overtime and flexible working as required
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.