Band 7 Project Lead for Liver Health Checks (Fixer Term 2 Years) (Either clinical or non clinical project manager depending on experience).
Thames Valley ODN is a community team working from various Acute Trusts across the Region for the treatment of hepatitis C. The region is Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Swindon and Milton Keynes.
The network comprises of theses spokes who work with organisations across the region who work closely together to provide treatment services for hepatitis C in the Thames Valley region.
The network has strong links with local drug treatment services and primary care to ensure that their clients and patients have clear pathways in place for referral to the treatment services in secondary care.
The network manages projects and initiatives to support the national Hepatitis C Elimination Programme (NHSE), across the Thames Valley region.Main duties of the job
The aim of this role is to provide project management for the Liver Health (HCC) project for the ODN team across the ODN area. This will involve working with ODN Partner Organisations across the area which includes specific teams such as medical, nursing, management and data teams across all hospitals, Drug Treatment teams in the ODN area.
The Project Manager will manage the Liver Health project linked to the ODN work plan and Hepatitis C Elimination Programme.
The post holder will be required to work across organisations, NHS, Charity and government to achieve stakeholder input and ensure correct patient pathways are established withing the Hospital teams across the region.
The project aims to increase early detection of liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma) to help achieve the Long Term Plan ambition for 75% of all cancers to be diagnosed at an early stage (1& 2) by 2028.
You will need to have a can-do approach and be able to communicate on all levels and via all medias.About us
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
xcellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will demonstrate excellent project management, change management and leadership skills, to ensure a collaborative approach to project management is taken between all relevant stakeholders. Planning and Organisation
Responsibilities for Policy and Service Development Implementation
- Manage and monitor the delivery of the Liver Health (HCC) project, which could be complex and span a broad range of business areas, to agreed time, cost and quality standards.
- Develop, agree, implement and monitor appropriate and effective project controls and project deliverables including progress against project plans, risk management, cost control, and post project evaluation in relation to lessons learned and benefits realisation.
- As required, input to the delivery of Project Briefs, Project Initiation Documents and Business Cases in line with best practice and guidance.
- Implement and deliver effective risk management and mitigation procedures and processes.
- Report effectively to the Project Team.
- Monitor and manage the effective communication and engagement of internal and external project stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and propose areas for improvements, by making recommendations about future courses of action to support the team to achieve its objectives.
- Advise on technical support requirements and how these can be obtained.
- Develop, operate and support effective change management processes.
- Provide regular reports on progress within the reporting structure, including highlight, end stage and lessons learned reports.
- Liaise with the project management team within a programme of work to ensure work is neither overlooked nor duplicated, and to ensure that the overall direction and integrity of the project is maintained.
- Identify the required resources for projects, both within the project team and across the wider Network.
- Contribute to the establishment of project management frameworks and structures for the defined project(s).
- Perform team management and project support roles as necessary
Responsibilities for Information Resources
- Contribute to the development of project documentation to ensure the incorporation of best practice and current developments.
- Monitor the delivery of projects in accordance with ODN policies, strategies and procedures.
- Highlight issues that may affect the delivery of projects and ensure these are appropriately addressed.
- Provide documentation and reports to record actions taken in the design and delivery of projects and highlight lessons for future projects.
- Contribute appropriately to the development of project management policies/strategies.
Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential ExperienceEssential
- Manage the delivery of appropriate and robust analysis and appraisal to allow effective decision making.
- Develop accurate and effective systems to properly manage and record project progress.
- Maintain reporting and monitoring systems to allow ease of access to current data on the project.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for keeping systems updated for the elements within their sphere of management.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Project Management experience
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.