We are looking to recruit a Specialist in Radiology with interest in MSK Radiology to complement the existing team of Radiologists.
The purpose of this post is to consolidate autonomous experience, including out of hours work, either standalone or in preparation for a CESR application.
This post is a permanent position that will increase the current established number of medical staff in Radiology to 10, and the subspecialty team of MSK Radiology to 3 (alongside this appointment we are also recruiting to a second Consultant Radiologist with interest in MSK to further increase the MSK provision at the Trust).
We invite applications from candidates interested in joining our team to deliver our vision for outstanding Radiology services for local people.
We strive to create excellent opportunities for a great work-life balance with all medical staff in the department having access to full PACS homework stations to support flexible and agile working opportunities.
Our high performing hospital is led by people who believe that a fantastic quality of life can go together with progressive working practices.
Over the last 2 years, the Trust has progressed with expanding the Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon team in parallel to the development of our new Barn Theatre. The Rheumatology service is also expanding. This post is essential to continue growing the MSK Radiology service.Main duties of the job
As a Specialist, autonomous working would be expected at consultant level.
The candidate would be expected to be proficient in all aspects of diagnostic and interventional MSK Radiology, including reporting of Plain Film, US, CT and MRI, as well as interventional skills in ultrasound guided intervention and fluoroscopy. Other subspecialty reporting skills, including neuroradiology, would be an advantage. CT guided MSK intervention, including nerve root blocks and bone biopsies, are desirable. Support for General Radiology is required to support the on call and acute work.
At Airedale, we use Wellbeing CRIS for our Radiology Information System and Agfa Enterprise Imaging for PACS. Radiology reporting is performed in Enterprise Imaging, and is available on Trust and home reporting workstations. We also use Xero to view images within the Trust and across the Yorkshire Imaging Collaborative (YIC).
The candidate would be expected to contribute to the multidisciplinary Rheumatology and MSK meetings.
Any other duties necessary for the successful performance of the role, commensurate with the grade.
The post-holder's basic job plan will typically include 10 PAs per week. 1 PA is allocated to supporting the diagnostic on call rota. We have successfully implemented a Tele-Radiology on-call service for CT scans from 2000 hours till 0800 hours every day.About us
Our Radiology Services
At Airedale General Hospital, our main Radiology Department consists of Plain Film/X-Ray (including Fluoroscopy), CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Mammography. We also provide DEXA in our Day Hospital for the Elderly. All equipment is digital and linked to PACS. Airedale is part of the YIC and have in place an Agfa PACS that is linked to other hospitals within the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYATT) and Yorkshire Clinic. This has and continues to enable us to deliver seamless Radiology care to our local population.
Community Diagnostic Centres
Airedale General Hospital are working closely with Bradford Teaching Hospitals to operationalise a new Community Diagnostic Centre that will provide additional capacity for imaging services, including: Plain Film X-Ray, Ultrasound (with and without contrast), CT (with and without contrast) and MRI (with and without contrast). The site will be based at Eccleshill Community Hospital.
New Hospital Build
In May 2023, it was announced that Airedale General Hospital has secured a place on the New Hospital Programme. This is an exciting opportunity for the Trust to work with hospital planning experts to configure and co-locate services to not only reflect the current needs of our population, but also looking to future needs and reflecting potential future developments in clinical care and technology. It is predicted the new hospital build will be ready by 2030.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description and person specification for more information. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the recruiting managers.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- On GMC's Specialist Register or be no more than six months from receiving CCT at interview date OR SAS/AS signed off by CD to work at Consultant level or substantive Consultant with relevant experience for CESR application
- FRCR or equivalent higher qualification from a different College or from overseas.
- Fellowship in MSK Radiology.
- Experience in General Radiology and appropriate sub-specialist training in MSK Radiology.
- Confident with Information Technology.
- Ability to survey and perform critical literature appraisal
- On call
- To have understanding of all elements and commitment to the principals of clinical governance and clinical audit.
- Knowledge of a wide range of educational methods.
- Managerial skills.
- Experience in MSK intervention, including CT guided nerve root blocks and bone biopsies.
- General intervention, such as drainages and biopsies.
- Basic knowledge of research methods including Scientific study design, Data Evaluation, Statistics, Publication Preparation.
- Publications in referred journals.
Desirable Personal SkillsEssential
- In General Radiology (CT, MR, US, plain films, Fluoroscopy) with appropriate sub-specialist training in MSK Radiology.
- Communication skills (clarity/listen/persuade/negotiate)
- Interpersonal skills & self awareness
- Ability to work as part of a team & demonstrate leadership
- Flexibility (ability to be flexible in working practice, supporting staff and patients)
- Self motivation and ability to motivate others
- Resilience & able to cope under pressure
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to learn from experiences.
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.