To ensure that we deliver the highest standard of care to our patients whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that you have a firm understanding of the role of a registered nurse (band 5). We will also consider applications from student nurses, who are due to qualify within 12 weeks.
As a Registered Nurse the post holder is expected to consistently act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of a consistently high standard of care to meetpatient needs and Unit objectives.The post holder must demonstrate clinical expertise in the assessment, planning, delivery andevaluation of care using an holistic approach.The post holder must possess fundamental management and facilitation skills in order to coordinateand supervise the activity of Unit staff, promote multi-disciplinary working and foster asupportive, learning environment.In the absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse the post holder will assume responsibility for the effectiveoperation of the Unit.As a Registered Nurse the post holder is expected to consistently act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional ConductAbout us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Demonstrates and maintains competence in the criteria required for entry to the NMC register. Implements and evaluates care using an holistic approach, in partnership with patient, careers and multidisciplinary team Is able to interpret clinical data/patients condition and initiate action to prevent criticaldeterioration. Plans discharge requirements on admission, making early referrals and completing documentation accordingly. Co-ordinates team activity as necessary to promote early treatment, discharge or transfer Is able to make decisions and carry out nursing responsibilities with sound clinical knowledge/judgment, rationale, safety and speedPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Relevant Acute Care Experience
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously with allocated patients
- Delegation skills, resource management
- Good interpersonal skills
- IT skills
- Clinical expertise, able to work on own initiative and sound decision making
- Safe practitioner in the administration of medicines
- Willing to/evidence of expanded clinical skills - IV drug administration,cannulation, phlebotomy etc.
- Effective communication skills and courteous attitude with patients, relatives and MDT, promoting team building and good working relations
- Neat and coherent written skills, attention to detail
- Aware of cultural and social influences on health and importance of respecting diversity and differences
- Current nursing practice developments and NHS reforms
- Understanding of research and its application to practice
- Bart's Health Trust Values
- Adult Registered Nurse Diploma/Degree
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of own limitations, realism in own abilities
- Commitment to/evidence of continuing professional development.
- Flexible, adaptable and confident
- Has a good work attendance (sickness /absence) record
- Willing to work a flexible shift pattern, including different times of the day, night and weekend
- Sufficient to perform the duties of the post with any aids and adaptations
- Willingness to work towards nurse-led practice initiatives and advanced skills
- Professional comportment and demeanor
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Newham University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.