We kindly request candidates who have applied in the last six months to refrain from submitting another application at this time.
As one of two Deputy Divisional Directors for the Children & Families Division, you would be working alongside the Divisional Director to provide leadership to the Senior Management Team.
You will have a comprehensive understanding of Children's services, which will have been developed within the NHS, private or not-for-profit health sectors in a general management role. You will have a proven track record of delivering sustainable service transformation in a complex and dynamically changing environment. The ability to win the support of your team and stakeholders to maximise the impact of delivering improved models of care that have made a measurable difference to patients' lives will be paramount.
If you are ambitious and highly motivated to succeed, this could be an ideal opportunity for you. We offer fantastic opportunities to develop yourself and your career and to work alongside some inspirational teams.
The Deputy Divisional Director will be responsible for the overall operational delivery and service improvement of the Groups of services. The role involves working in partnership with the Divisional Senior Leadership Team, to ensure the effective provision of high quality, safe services across the Division, against agreed outcome measures, service level agreements, activity and financial targets.Main duties of the job
The Deputy Divisional Director will, along with the rest of the Divisional Senior Leadership Team, lead on the development of the Group(s) of Services and see that they contribute to the performance of the Division overall.
The Deputy Divisional Director will work closely with the Divisional leadership team to provide caring, inclusive and compassionate leadership and support the Division and Trust in being a Great Place to Work.
The Deputy Divisional Director will oversee the allocation of resource across the respective services to ensure that effective plans are in place to deliver against agreed activity plans and will include the application of effective rota management, demand and capacity modelling as well as, long with the Associate Chief of Nursing and Therapies and Divisional Medical Director, oversee recruitment and retention of workforce across the respective services. In addition, the post holder will act as a point of escalation for staff within the service to ensure smooth delivery of service(s) as well as addressing any operational issues impacting on service deliverability.
The service has recently been inspected by CQC and we have successfully moved from Requires Improvement to Good.About usIMPORTANT
- Please ensure you check your Trac account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including business email address, telephone contact details and postal address.
The post holder will also need to engage, support and develop high performing teams promoting effective structures and processes and a culture of delivery and collective working and have line management responsibility across multiple services and hold overall budgetary responsibility for the respective Group(s) within their portfolio.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Educated to Master's Degree level or have equivalent extensive experience working at senior management level,
- Performance, finance and governance
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of workforce development plans
- Experience & understanding of working in clinical governance/risk
- Significant senior management experience
- Experience of workforce development plans
- Experience of setting strategic direction for the benefit of the Trust, Ddivision & staff.
- Experience of operational management of staff
- Experience of & exposure to Tendering, performance setting, monitoring & reviewing.
- Significant Experience of managing change in NHS
- Experience & in depth knowledge of staff management
- Extensive experience of working in Services for adults
- Extensive experience working in community settings
- Experience of working with Commissioners/GP.
- Experience of working with people from diverse communities.
- Knowledge of contracting & commissioning processes & policy within the NHS/Social Care/Private Sector.
- Business/financial management expertise acquired through training & experience, to Masters level.
- Project Management experience & demonstrate track records of success.
- Experience of marketing & demonstrable evidence of success in this field.
- Comprehensive understanding of quality/QUIPP agenda
- Understanding of Equality & Diversity
- Knowledge of the local health economy
- Ability to develop & implement strategic & business planning objective
- Ability to identify major policy changes & the impact on clinical services
- Specialist knowledge in negotiating contractual documents & completion of tender documents.
- Knowledge of change management & service improvement processes including the Integrated Services Improvement Programme.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExcellent leadership & communication skills
- oExcellent presentation skills & ability to address a wide & diverse audience.
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
Moseley Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.