Maternity Staff Nurse - Maternity department, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Location:
Hospital and Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester Role Description:
Our Maternity Services are committed to women-focused care and your key role will be to provide support to the midwifery team in providing pre and post-surgical care for women undergoing caesarean sections and other obstetric procedures without direct supervision. This position requires the successful candidate to work Monday - Sunday. Between the hours 0700-2000 however
flexible working patterns will considered for all nursing applicants. This is a fixed term contract for 12 months for maternity leave cover.Main duties of the jobWhat we look for:
What we Offer:
- Experienced nurses to join our enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking team
- Be able to provide high quality and compassionate care to women
- The ability to work well within a multi-professional team
About usWho we are:
- You will be part of a dynamic and experienced team of professionals helping each other to meet their full potential while providing high quality and compassionate care within a supportive and friendly environment
- In-service training education, and yearly appraisals
- Your life outside HHFT is important and the Trust are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements this can be discussed at interview
A highly motivated midwifery team, committed to providing a high standard of care, and constantly striving to deliver a memorable experience whilst supporting women and their families before, during and after pregnancy & childbirth. If these things are important to you then joining Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust where you will be a valued member of the team might be the right new job for you. About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of �382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future. #AspringToBeTheBest Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust & this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attachedPerson SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Professional UK registration e.g. NMC, HPC
- Degree level education or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, or employment experience
- Experience of providing care within theatre recovery and/or surgical wards
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) clearly recorded for professional profile
Skills & AbilityEssential
- oCompleted clinical experience within women's health
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oGood communication skills to communicate complex, sensitive or confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- oAbility to work with the multi/interdisciplinary team and set goals.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.