An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit two experienced Capital Projects Managers to our newly reconfigured KMPT Estates Capital Projects Team.
These posts will support the Head of Capital Development & Senior Capital Projects Manager in the delivery of capital projects within the Estates & Facilities Directorate.
The post holders will have the relevant qualifications, experience and knowledge as detailed in the person specification for this role.Main duties of the job
To professionally manage Estates Capital Projects, successfully delivering the programme of Estates building and engineering, backlog, refurbishment and minor works projects constantly improving and developing the Trusts accommodation. Ensuring building and engineering projects are designed in compliance with statutory and best practice and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.About us
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
A summary of the post holder responsibilities are as follows:
Manage external consultant and contractors appointed to deliver building and/or engineering projects in line with the Trust strategy of continuous improvement in its accommodation. The duties of the Capital Projects Managers will include:
Person SpecificationTraining, Qualifications and RegistrationEssential
- Ensure the provision of all project documentation including costing information, contracts, drawings, commissioning certification, O& Ms, as built drawings
- Deliver, safe, well managed, timely construction projects
- Provide Care Groups and other divisions with construction costing and programme information in support of their business cases
- Actively support and work with other Capital Team colleagues
- Visit sites and inspect works or survey buildings prior to works commencing respecting patients and visitors who may be present
- Create project planning and management schedules using computerised spreadsheets and other software
- Use fine tools such as AutoCad software to manipulate and develop computerised drawings
- Develop project briefing documentation
- Produce Project Initiation Documents
- Produce and submit project change documentation (as appropriate)
- Undertake and contribute to Feasibility Studies and Option Appraisals
- Undertake Post Project Evaluations
- Education to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject (Project Management, Six Sigma, Engineering Estates Management Surveying
- Highly developed specialist knowledge acquired through post graduate courses, training and experience to Masters Degree Level (e.g. Management, - staff / people management, budgetary management), Project Management, Estates Management, Planning & Development etc.).
- Evidence of undertaking CPD (Continuous Professional Development)
- Membership of a relevant professional body (2)
- PRINCE Project Manager (Practitioner)
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Knowledge and significant experience of public sector capital development projects and processes
- Experience of multi-disciplinary working, project briefing and working with other specialists within very complex environments. i.e. oConstruction Project Management oDelivering projects within time/cost/quality frameworks oContract Management (form of contract) oContractor Management oCommissioning of construction Projects oDelivery of capital / major refurbishment schemes by external organisations oBuilding Control
- knowledge of NHS/public sector policy and procedure particularly in relation to:- oProcurement oContractor management oFinancial management oSound understanding of NHS budgetary management. oComputer literate in word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets and database applications
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good understanding of the NHS - organisations, services and structures
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
Magnitude House, Aylesford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.