At Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, we believe technology holds the key to delivering outstanding healthcare right across our services and taking care of it, now and in the future. We have a five-year plan that will see us investing heavily in our Technology and building an Azure cloud hosted Data Platform a great opportunity for the successful applicant to learn new skills or enhance on existing skillsexperience working within an Azure cloud data environment. This investment will boost the departments capabilities to increase our delivery and responsiveness right across our services and develop highly skilled technical and data experts. We are now looking for a skilled candidate with practical experience as a SQL Dev/Analyst to join us on this journey.Main duties of the job
You'll be tasked with the end-to-end development of datasets in our data warehouse, including complicated derivations and value-adding processes that will test and build your skills, the design, development, testing and maintenance of complex transformations, and ETL load processes using Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS Packages) and SQL statements to flow data into the Data Warehouse against best practices in line with the teams development principles. The timely and effective debugging of system faults to solve technical problems and restore services. To work with end users of the data warehouse to identify their requirements and translate into formal, technical specifications. Provide clear and concise documentation. Be aware of changes to relevant NHS standards, guides and specifications and suggest changes to maintain compliance. To work comfortably within the team, share knowledge and learn. Be driven to continually learn and improve professional technical skills and specialist knowledge.About us
DIT at LTHT is a highly motivated and inclusive place to work. We hold our Leeds Way Values in high esteem and respect all colleagues. Within the trust we are always looking to improve and give the best service possible and we are looking for individuals with the same drive to join us.
DIT look after the Trusts information technology, responsible for delivering and embedding the latest digital innovations, finding the right hardware and software to meet business needs, turning information into insight and everything in between. Its an exciting time to join us, as we offer varied and rewarding opportunities.
Wed love to consider your application if you want to be a part of delivering operational services that allow patients to be treated effectively across Leeds.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached JD
You'll be tasked with the end-to-end development of datasets in our data warehouse, including complicated derivations and value-adding processes that will test and build your skills, the design, development, testing and maintenance of complex transformations, and ETL load processes using Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS Packages) and SQL statements to flow data into the Data Warehouse against best practices in line with the teams development principles. The timely and effective debugging of system faults to solve technical problems and restore services.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Postgraduate qualification or ability to demonstrate equivalent level of experience
- i.e. specialist IM& T training/study/research, attendance at relevant conferences/workshops.
- Any related to development and maintenance of a Microsoft SQL Server environment (DML, DDL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Any related to an Azure cloud environment.
- Identifying and resolving complex data problems.
- Multi-disciplinary team working.
- Planning and organisation, prioritisation.
- Training and mentoring.
- Analytical and information consultancy.
- Analytical report writing.
- SQL developer skillset in versions 2012-2019, along with a strong background in developing under the Microsoft SQL Server Stack.
- Excellent Data Preparation knowledge to support Business Intelligence analytics and reporting.
- Experience in the use of SourceVersion Control systems such as GitHub.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant aptitude for learning new technical skills and continuous development.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a dynamic, changing environment and make sound decisions in time critical situations.
- Ability to demonstrate relentless drive, energy and determination to delivery sustainable performance.
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to all levels, both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organisation and personal management skills.
- Possess a strong sense of purpose and proactively seek responsibility and ownership.
- Creativity and lateral thinking.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to understand enterprise solutions.
- High standards of integrity and ethics with a demonstrable strong customer service ethos.
Skills & behavioursEssential
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Any skills related to an Azure cloud environment.
- NHS Data and Information standards
- Abides by the Trust policy on standards of business conduct.
- Committed to continuous active personal development involving formal training and personal study.
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A self-starter with a degree of independence
- A finisher who maintains the same level of enthusiasm throughout each project
- A bias towards collaborative teamwork
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
St. James's University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.