The Hospice EPR Development Lead will work within BDigital to support Trinity Hospice and will have the following core responsibilities:
Main duties of the job
- Lead on the development of EMIS Web for Trinity Hospice
- Help define and quantify benefits for this piece of work
- Improve the quality of information recorded on the Hospice's information systems
- Provide project management support for this clinical system development
The EPR Programme is seeking a further suitably qualified and experienced Development Lead.This Development Lead will focus on leading a project to redesign and optimise the Hospice instance of EMIS, and further associated developments.
Experience of EMIS Web would be advantageous. However, a period of familiarisation will be provided.About us
Working for our organisation
It's an exciting time in BDigital as we focus on the development of Hospice, Community and Primary Care Electronic Patient Records (EPR). Increasing our Hospice, Community and Primary Care EPR development capacity will enable the Fylde to realise its strategic ambitions for the establishment of a cohesive Electronic Patient Record system and aligned dataflows across the Fylde Coast.
Whilst the job description and person specification may at first seem complex, we encourage applications from people with transferrable skills and experience.
The role is offered on a 12-month full time secondment or fixed term band 7.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationEDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Lead the development of a change management approach to the identification and delivery of electronic patient record optimisation across the Hospice.
- Ensure clinical and managerial engagement across the Hospice in developing electronic patient records that challenges current processes and strives for improvements in patient safety and patient experience.
- Work with senior managers to ensure that the business needs of the Hospice are met from the electronic patient care record and liaise with all relevant teams to ensure changes to clinical practice are accepted and embedded locally.
- Provide guidance and support on process mapping and redesign, system configuration, administration and training.
- Ensure the implementation of the electronic patient care record aids improvement and is aligned with the Hospices aims and objectives.
- Undertake Digital Maturity audits and identify optimisation opportunities to enable services to develop their system utilisation by designing and delivering EPR system changes.
- Develop and deliver improvement plans.
- Lead on the development of EMIS Templates and functional design to support services optimal usage of the community EPR.
- Liaise with other stakeholders within the Hospice and across the Fylde Coast in the optimisation of the EMIS patient record.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders regarding current and revised system utilisation.
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders and in all professional groups as appropriate, communicating complex and emotive ideas, negotiating and influencing the changes to deliver the identified benefits.
- Facilitate continuous improvement sessions within Hospice, such as process mapping and benefits identification.
- Assist the Hospice in identifying risks associated withcross-organisational system processes and work across traditional boundaries to ensure that these are mitigated.
- Assist the Hospice to identify benefits, both within and outside the division, and work across traditional boundaries to ensure that these are realised.
- oEducated to degree level in relevant discipline or equivalent experience e.g. health service, change management or information.
- oEvidence of Professional and/or Personal Development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGEEssential
- oPRINCE2 Project Management qualification or recognised alternative
- oAdvanced EMIS knowledge at a System Administration/ Development Level
- oDeveloped specialist knowledge about primary care, community care and the benefits that can be obtained from information systems
- oMinimum 2 years' experience in a relevant area (e.g. an information or development based role, providing advice and specialist knowledge to others)
- oKnowledge and Experience of Change Management/ Development of Standard Operating Procedures
oSKILLS AND ABILITYEssential
- oProject Management experience using PRINCE2 or recognised alternative
- oNHS Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExcellent interpersonal and communication skills
- oTraining and facilitation skills
- oAbility to analyse, interpret and draw conclusions from complex situations
- oHighly numerate
- oAbility to identify and overcome barriers to change
- oGood IT skills
- oAbility to plan and organise a broad range of activities
- oProject management skills
- oMethodical and organized
- oAbility to take initiative
- oAbility to develop solutions to new problems
- oAbility to push ideas through to conclusion
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.