Are you looking for a new challenge in a rewarding environment?
Applications are invited for Band 6 Registered Neonatal Nurses to work within our neonatal unit.
We are looking for highly motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic nurses to join our neonatal nursing team. We have a full time position available (part-time considered), for individuals with a positive attitude and good communication skills.
Our Neonatal Unit is situated within Broomfield Hospital, and is part of the East of England Operational Delivery Network. The Neonatal Ward is a Level 2 Local Unit and offers comprehensive neonatal services, which include Intensive Care cots, High Dependency cots, Special Care cots, and a Transitional Care Service.
We have achieved Bronze Award in our progress to full Bliss Accreditation. We strive to provide high quality, safe and effective care and are looking for someone with the vision, skill and enthusiasm to help take the unit forward.
We have Stage 1 BFI and continue to work towards stage 2.Main duties of the job
As a Band 6 nurse, you will have the Neonatal Qualified in Speciality course, and be a senior member of the team and undertake the duties this entails. These duties include shift coordination, supporting junior colleagues and participating in the appraisal process.
All nurses on the neonatal unit have the opportunity to be actively involved in a link role and participate in study days/training for this in order to teach colleagues and develop various aspects of neonatal care. We also encourage and support learning opportunities for your continued professional development.
To be successful you will possess excellent organisational, communication and team working skills, and the ability to deliver high quality, holistic care with an emphasis on working in partnership with children and their families.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description, but some of the responsibilities include:
Person SpecificationQualificationEssential QualificationEssential ExperienceEssential Desirable
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document, holistic, high quality and individualised family centred care which respects babies and their families personal dignity and beliefs.
- Maintain a safe working environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Maintain and promote effective communication within the care team and with colleagues, parents/carers, relatives and visitors.
- Act as a mentor to students and preceptor to newly qualified staff.
- To participate and contribute to teaching and assessing of newly qualified staff and students, upholding the philosophy of evidence based practice.
- To facilitate the development of all staff.
- Assist in the management of the ward budget and ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- To co-ordinate the ward / department for a span of duty in the absence of a more senior nurse and take responsibility for reporting to the Matron any adverse events or situations which may affect the ability of the team to provide safe and effective care to the patients.
- Is proactive in the continuing development of the family centred care environment.
- Maintain a professional profile and develop skills, knowledge and competencies adhering to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Trust Policies and Procedures.
- Neonatal Band 6 Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Newborn Life Support Course
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.