his is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and experienced operational professional.
Whipps Cross University Hospital is part of the Barts Health Group and serves one of the most diverse Boroughs in North East London. The hospital provides a full range of local acute services that you would expect to see in a busy medium sized district general hospital including ED and maternity services. Our vision is to be a centre of excellence for the health and wellbeing of older people, and we are embarking on an exciting journey following the announcement of funding for us to completely redevelop our hospital site.
We are seeking someone with demonstrable skills in leadership and change within the unplanned operational management and delivery in an acute NHS setting, and with confidence to work at scale and with complexity.
In particular, you must be able to lead, direct, inspire and engage others, be committed to living our Barts Health values, and have the interests of our patients and staff at the center of all that we do.Main duties of the job
This role works to the Director of Operations to assure a strengthened hospital performance in quality, operational standards and delivery by providing and ensuring robust and visible hospital site leadership. To deliver these outcomes, the post holder will have direct line management for the Quality Improvement team, the Executive assistant team and provide operational leadership to two of our four Divisional Managers. The role plays an important part of site wide operational performance and requires close working with the clinical divisional teams on a daily basis.
Specifically the post holder will be responsible for providing leadership, ensuring safe, high quality and efficient delivery of the day to day operational management of planned care services, which meets the needs of patients, achieves set and agreed standards, financial targets and performance.
The role will provide operational oversight and support to teams as national guidance is released to ensure all services are working to the latest specifications, ensuring the best care for all patients. The role includes an important external facing responsibly to help build strong relationships with the other Barts Health hospitals and all partners in the sub regional health economy. The role includes the oversight and planning of operational capital planning to ensure asset replacement lists are maintained and opportunities for investment, through grants and special funds are pursued.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are underrepresented within Barts Health at this band.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant senior management experience in an NHS Acute Trust
- Access standards and outpatient experience
- Board level exposure (either Hospital or Trust) with experience of presenting to boards.
- Experience of leading service and / or transformational change
- Experience of management of complex projects
- Experience of effective partnership working with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience as a senior manager in acute sector operations
- Experience of chairing board sub committees (Hospital or Trust)
- Able to influence, negotiate and persuade regarding complex or sensitive issues.
- Ability to operate effectively in clinical academic operational environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate and lead staff to deliver operational objectives and standards.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills both verbal, written and presentation and excellent listening skills, including facilitation
- Ability to encourage multi-professional team working and problem solving.
- Ability to think and plan strategically, tactically, and creatively
- Advanced MS office: Intermediate Word/PowerPoint skills/Excel
- Attention to detail.
- Team Player.
- Proactive, versatile and problem-solving approach.
- Able to seek and exploit opportunities to advance objectives.
- Robust and persistent in pursuit of objectives and maintaining personal credibility.
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Flexible approach.
- Highly developed knowledge across quality, operational management and finance domains
- Demonstrable track record of sound financial and operational management in a position
Leadership and Management StyleEssential
- Masters level education in health care management or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued learning/ development
- Dynamic, passionate, open participative and supportive leadership style
- Ability to demonstrate a robust performance management approach
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to shape development across the health and social care system
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sufficient to perform the duties of the post with any aids and adaptations
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Whipps Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.