We currently have a vacancy providing an exciting opportunity for a B7 Senior Sister/Charge Nurse to join the management team within the Heart Centre Ward 223 pre and post op care for cardiac and Thoracic surgery . You will participate in innovative & evidence based nursing practice through professional leadership & supporting the clinical team in close liaison with the Matron/Deputy Matron and Directorate Manager. We are a proactive team in developing the specialist skill required to deliver our services, recognising that investment in and training of individuals is crucial to delivering high quality patient care. You will act as a credible & professional role model whilst developing both personally & professionally to achieve your maximum potential delivering on the implementation & development of care standards to reflect the Proud to Care initiative & will ensure that nursing practice is evidenced based according to Professional & National guidelines.Main duties of the jobMain duties of the job
The successful candidate will work as a Senior Sister/charge Nurse within an established Multi-disciplinary team delivering, monitoring and evaluating current care, whilst participating in the development of new ways of working and practices both clinical and administrative to enhance the excellent service we currently provide.The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, committed to the provision of excellent standards of care, a good communicator, and motivated to build on existing professional development.Essential requirements for the post are:
- First level NMC registration
- 3 years post registration experience of which 12 months will be have been as a Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager with 18 months experience in the cardiothoracic care environment
- Degree level study
- Mentorship or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of excellent attendance
- Excellent communication
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on working for the Trust, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
For more details on the post, please contact Matron Katie Cheadle (see contact details)Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC 1st level registration
- Evidence of degree level qualification in health/nursing related
- Evidence of master level study
- Minimum of 3 years post registration experience
- 1 years of management/leadership experience
- 18 months Cardiothoracic Surgical or Critical Care experience at band 6 or above
- Deputy ward sister/charge nurse experience within the last 12 months
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Formal teaching to groups of staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- experience of teaching the clinical areas
- Formal leadership and management training
- Evidence of on-going professional education in a specialist area
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.