Want to work in 0-19 Universal Childrens Services at Salford?
Are you a Qualified Adult, Childrens or Mental Health Nurse looking for a new career challenge or a student nurse soon to qualify?
As a Staff Nurse you will work with babies, children and families within the community settings such as homes, clinics, and schools.
You will have the opportunity to develop skills in public health, child development and multi-agency working focusing on the diverse communities within Salford.
We have various full and part-time positions with flexible working options.
What to expect when you join us!
Main duties of the job
- A forward thinking and innovative team who have implemented a new delivery model of 4 Universal Teams and 1 Universal Partnership Plus (Safeguarding) Team.
- We have 1 Central Childrens Hub where we work along side and have access to other members of the health teams such as Paediatricians, OT, Physio, Speech and Language, Childrens Specialist Nurses and Childrens Nursing Team.
- We are based at St James House with onsite free parking.
- Flexible and Agile working opportunities working Monday to Friday between 8-6pm with no BH.
- A robust induction plan.
- Preceptorship for newly qualified nurses.
- Internal staff nurse development programme.
- Annual My Time appraisal supporting your future continuous professional development and access to learning and development opportunities.
- 4-6 weekly 1 to 1 conversations with your line manager.
- Safeguarding Supervision
The post holder will work within an integrated 0-19 Universal Health Visiting and School Nursing Team within the Community.
After a period of preceptorship, you will be responsible for the assessment of child and family health and development within the Healthy Child Programme, as well as the implementation and evaluation of other packages of care.
You will provide packages of care to individuals, families and groups within the community following delegation from the Health Visitor and School Nurse Specialist Public Health Practitioner.
As a member of the team you will be required to support in the co-ordination and delivery of client contacts, striving to achieve the activity targets specified within the commissioned Community Contract.
As a member of the team, you will ensure that effective communication is maintained at all times and provide support for junior staff.
You will play a key role in the supervision and assessment of pre and post basic learners and unregistered staff providing a teaching role and acting as named mentor when requiredAbout us
Salford Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. Salford is the place, which is taking bold, pioneering steps towards delivering a world class, fully integrated care system for adults. Home to the Manchester Centre for Clinical Neurosciences, Greater Manchester Trauma Hospital and the Geoffrey Jefferson Brain Research Centre, Salford is improving care for some of the sickest patients in the region, and delivers a range of acute, community and primary care services and specialist services to Greater Manchester and beyond.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.ukPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Current NMC registration or shortly to receive
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing Studies
- To have insight into the role of a Community Nurse
- Displays a good clinical knowledge which is based on research evidence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Recent Community Experience
- Awareness of the Healthy Child programme
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Salford Care Organisation Childrens Community Services
St James House 7Th floor Pendleton Way.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.