This post is eligible for a Golden Hello payment of �2,750 for new starters who are external to the Trust. This is payable in 3 instalments over a 2 year period. This payment is only eligible to new starters who do not already hold a contract of employment with the Trust. This post also includes paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during night, weekends and bank holidays.
Within the North Nottinghamshire locality we are offering an exciting opportunity for a full time role as a Band 6 Continence Nurse Advisor with a keen interest in working with adults with bladder or bowel dysfunction. We will consider part time staff for the role too as we value good work life balance and the health and wellbeing of our staff.
As a Band 6 Continence Nurse Advisor you will work closely with other fellow experienced Continence Nurse Advisor's, specialist nurses, GP's & team members of the integrated neighbourhood teams and dedicated primary care colleagues primarily in community settings.
The team is based out of Tuxford Clinic but team members cover clinics in various locations across Mid Nottinghamshire. This post currently covers Ashfield South clinical caseload.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated clinician to work alongside our fantastic team of specialist nurses.Main duties of the job
You will undertake and deliver high quality specialist continence assessments and devise individual treatment therapy plans in order to improve and optimise patients' levels of continence and independence.
You will have responsibility for the caseload management of individuals referred into the service and will deliver appropriate treatment therapy interventions to achieve agreed realistic goals and ensure safe and timely discharge from the service.
You will be actively encouraged to participate in CPD. Teaching is an important part of the role, you will be expected to actively participate in teaching/training of colleagues, students and 3rd party delegates within a planned programme of courses to ensure that the service delivers high quality interventions based on best practice evidence.
You will liaise closely with other health and social care professionals as well as patients, family and carers therefore excellent communication skills are essential.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You must have a Diploma or Degree in Nursing and current NMC Registration with experience of a varied caseload and experience of MDT and community working.
Possession of LBR Promotion and Management of Incontinence and /or Community practitioner Nurse prescribing qualification (V150) is desirable.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st Level Registered Adult Nurse (RGN Adult)
- Teaching experience and qualifications preferably ENB998 or equivalent
- Continence promotion in practice B72/3 or equivalent post basic training.
- Community practitioner Nurse prescribing qualification (V150)
- Community Nursing experience
- Experience undertaking continence assessments in clinic and community settings
- Catheterisation, intermittent, male, female and supra pubic
- Caseload management
- Teaching experience
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Experience with chronic disease management
- Health promotion knowledge
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written (including electronic) & oral
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to make clinical decisions and give clinical advice
- Forward thinker, analytical and diplomatic
- Time Management and organisational skills
- Leadership skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All staff should be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion as identified within the Trust's Equality and Diversity Policy and associated Equality, Diversity and Human Rights legislation
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.