Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The Breast Surgery Unit at Kingston Hospital is looking to recruit a fixed term Specialist grade Breast Surgeon to support the current team and assist with maintaining cancer treatment targets for a period of 12 months. A review of the clinical workforce is being undertaken and following the outcome of this there is a possibility that this post will be made permanent.
The Breast Unit is based on the Kingston site, with excellent imaging equipment, a close knit multi-skilled team of three Consultant Breast Surgeons, three Consultant Oncologists, four consultant Breast Pathologists, four consultant Breast Radiologists, one Radiography Consultant Practitioner, two Advanced Practitioner Sonographer, one Nurse Consultant, three Advanced Nurse Practitioners, four Breast Care Nurses and a Surgical Care Practitioner working to give a first class service using evidence based protocols and ensuring implementation of policies and guidelines originating from Royal Marsden Partners. Oncology services are provided in partnership with the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, with chemotherapy delivered on the Kingston site. Free flap reconstruction is provided jointly with the Plastic Surgery team at the Royal Marsden.Main duties of the job
The postholder will work closely with the breast multidisciplinary team to provide diagnosis and treatment for the Trust's breast patients. The post holder will also be expected to attend and participate in the breast MDT clinical and management meetings.
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer.About us
Kingston Hospital provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services. The hospital supports some 320,000 people in the surrounding area including the boroughs of Kingston, Richmond, Roehampton, Putney and East Elmbridge. Kingston Hospital is one of the largest employers in the region and employs over 3,700 staff across the widest range of careers. We are proud of our reputation as the largest single site District General Hospital in London and our Maternity Unit is the second biggest in London.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a detailed job description and main responsibilities please see the attached supporting document and person specification which contains more information about the role.
For further details / informal visits contact: Miss Meena Shankar Clinical Lead for Breast Surgery by contacting Olvia Jones Service Manager via email@example.comPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Desirable Clinical ExperienceEssential
- MBBS or Equivalent
- Full GMC Registration with Licence to Practice
- Fellowship in Breast Surgery
- A minimum of 12 years' experience (either continuous period or in aggregate) since obtaining primary medical qualification.
- A minimum of six years should have been in Breast Surgery as specialty doctor and/or closed SAS grades
- Experience of independently undertaking surgical management of Breast cancer patients
Leadership and Team WorkingEssential
- Training and experience in Oncoplastic Surgery
- Oncoplastic Fellowship
- Evidence of developing effective and collaborative working relationships and working effectively in a Multidisciplinary Team
- Awareness of leadership responsibilities as a clinician and appropriate leadership behavior
- Ability to motivate staff, to facilitate appropriate changes in clinical practice and to work as part of a team.
Education and TrainingEssential
- Experience in leading MDTs
- Attended Leadership course
- Demonstrable commitment and ability to teach and train undergraduates, junior doctors and allied healthcare professionals.
Research and ScholarshipEssential
- Completed 'Train the Trainers' course or equivalent.
- Evidence of commitment to remain up to date with current research and best practice through appropriate continuing professional development activities
Audit, Clinical Governance and SafeguardingEssential
- Research awareness - poster presentations authorship in journal articles or participation in local of regional clinical trials
- Writing up local guidelines
- Experience with Clinical Audit
- Evidence of awareness of, and engagement with the process of risk , incidents, complaints and governance
- Awareness of Safeguarding
- Participation in RCA and local risk investigation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm and approachability.
- Basic IT skills including using EPR, word , excel
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.