We are currently seeking applications for a full time Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist. Our Speech and Language Therapy service consists of a team of enthusiastic and caring individuals, with a varied skill mix and a very supportive ethos. We are looking for a like-minded person to provide support at a more senior level to children and young people with a range of speech, language and communication needs.Main duties of the job
Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Senior Speech and Language Therapist, to provide support for children and young people who have complex communication difficulties.
The post is full time and will involve working in schools and clinics with a caseload of children and young people who have a range of speech, language and communication needs. As a senior member of the team you will also provide clinical supervision to colleagues and support with second opinions for more complex cases.About us
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We have a strong support network for both clinical work and wellbeing. Wellbeing is a strong focus within our team and organisation, and we strive to support each other at all times.
- We will provide opportunities to learn from highly experienced team members, including regular meetings and CPD sessions.
- We will provide both clinical and management supervision.
- We will provide opportunities for you to develop skills across a range of settings and clinical areas.
- We have opportunities to access external training if relevant to your role.
As a valued member of the team, you will have the ability to manage a demanding workload in order to provide an efficient and effective service. You will be a confident, self-directed individual with a strong team focus as well as being able to work independently when required.You will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills in order to maintain our exceptional standards of care when liaising with patients and both internal and external agencies.
This is an opportunity to work with the team while developing new, effective ways of delivering intervention in a functional way, demonstrating positive clinical outcomes.Person SpecificationPersonal QualitiesEssential
Skills & AttributesEssential
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, including observation, listening and empathy
- Can convey ideas and information in a confident and easily understood manner, both written and verbal
- Able to work in difficult, distracting environments, with challenging clients and where intense levels of concentration are required
- Demonstrate ability to be a good team member
- Developed skills in negotiation and problem solving
- Able to relate the values of the organisation to everyday practice
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Adaptable to a varied and frequently changing work environment
Qualifications & Professional TrainingEssential
- Can use a variety of assessment techniques
- Can demonstrate an awareness of continuing professional development
- Demonstrates good auditory discrimination and ability to transcribe speech phonetically
- Computer skills
- Knowledge and experience of clinical governance/audit
- Understands and can use the principles of prioritisation
- Access to transport for work purposes
- Speech and Language Therapy degree or a recognised equivalent
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Registered member of HCPC
- Evidence of having completed some short courses
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Has undertaken additional study e.g. dysphagia training, language educators course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Can manage own caseload with minimal support
- Has experience of working with complex cases alongside or with supervision from a highly specialist therapist
- Knowledge of current trends in the management of communication and/or swallowing
- Experience of work in a variety of settings
- Awareness of Total Communication
Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Highfield Centre, Victoria Central Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.