This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Emergency department paediatric team as a band 7 Charge nurse/sister for a period of up to 12 months to cover maternity leave.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic nurse with paediatric and leadership experience to join the established team within our paediatric department in A/E at Carlisle.Main duties of the job
Responsible and accountable in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of nursing care within their remit.Senior Sister/Charge Nurse leading and organising the paediatric A& E department.Provide excellent clinical leadership skills to ensure the effective delivery of patient care and resources within the remit of the unit.Responsible and accountable for the implementation of the nurse led service within the paediatric A& E Department, i.e. a nurse can assess, diagnose, treat and discharge patients within departmental guidelines.About us
All staff are expected to work to the Trust Values: Kindness
- Kindness and compassion cost nothing, yet accomplish a
great deal. Respect
- We are respective to everyone and are open, honest and fair
- respect behaviours. Ambition
- We set goals to achieve the best for our patients, teams,
organisations and our partners. Collaboration
- We are stronger and better working together with and
for our patients.
Provide effective clinical leadership to facilitate the delivery of patient care. Ensure that the highest standard of care is delivered to patients in the department providing continuing assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of nursing care. Provide expert nursing advice to the MDT, and co-ordinate a training programme for nursing staff.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
With involvement of the patient and/or family, manage and provide all aspects of patient care, planning and delivery to meet the need and preferences of the patient within the policy / protocol frameworks.Act in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct (NMC).Lead prescribed nursing care without supervision.Have regard for the need for privacy and dignity when communicating with patientsand/or relatives/carers. Encourage a culture that considers the need for empathy,reassurance and understanding in communication with patients and their relatives /carers.Provide an expert point of contact for patients / relatives / carers / staff within andoutwith the Trust.Undertake clinical duties as required.Provide clinical advice and guidance to less experienced members of the team,ensuring that advice is up to date and based upon best evidence.Establish, evaluate and sustain standards of care through professional leadership.Establish, implement and monitor nursing practice guidelines, standards, policies andprocedures.Comply with infection prevention and control procedures at all times.Comply with responsibility to safeguard children, ensuring attendance at appropriatetraining.Take personal responsibility for putting the person receiving care first, and tochallenge poor care/practise, doing so as soon as any shortcomings are seen.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration. NST307 or equivalent.
- Management / leadership certificate or equivalent.
- Post registration certificate in clinical speciality or equivalent.
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (APLS) provider
- Safeguarding Children level 3
- Postgraduate certificate in management or equivalent
- Essential IT skills (EITS).
- Further relevant postgraduate development or equivalent.
- Advanced Trauma or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC).
- oAccident & Emergency Certificate or equivalent
- Roster management
- Preceptor / mentor for student nurses
- Clinical supervision.
- Budgetary management
- Leadership role
- Dealing with critical incidents / complaints
- Audit and research in practice.
- Continuing professional development with portfolio
- Practice requirements for all nursing staff.
- Trust policies and procedures
- Professional leadership within the clinical governance framework
- National strategy for nursing and midwifery
- NMC Code of Professional Conduct / Practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical practice development
- Leadership development. Vulnerable adults, child protection and Mental Capacity Act issues.
- oVulnerable adults, child protection and Mental Capacity Act issues.
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.