You will undertake any planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and new installation work on a range of important mechanical systems within healthcare premises. You'll do this work without routine supervision and will be out on site so you will need to be self motivated and able to manage your own time. These systems are vital safety and security systems and your work is an important part of keeping patients, staff and visitors safe. These range from fire alarm systems to the emergency generators on site. You'll play a full and active part in a multi-disciplinary estates team with a high level of cross trade flexibility. Given the nature of the systems and their importance to the NHS and patient safety you will have a track record of working to a high standard of accuracy and safety.
Previous applicants need not apply.Main duties of the job
To undertake without routine supervision planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and new installation work within healthcare premises on a variety of building services related systems, including:Energy generating plant including boiler plant (steam & LPHW)DHWS & CWS systemsAir compressorsLaundry and catering equipmentDrainage/sewerageVentilation plantAir conditioning and refrigerationBMS control systemsElectrical building servicesFault finding and repair of plant and equipment.Undertake Condition Surveys of Mechanical Systems and Mechanical Infrastructure within Healthcare FacilitiesAbout usWe aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career. Please note, this post may be subject to a potential TUPE transfer into NTW Solutions, out wholly owned subsidiary organisation in the near future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 7th September 2023
Closing date : 21st September 2023
We welcome your application. Previous applicants need not apply.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- The post holder must have completed a recognised and registered indentured apprenticeship, with a City and Guilds (NVQ level 3) Mechanical certification or equivalent.
- Experience to an intermediate level of theoretical knowledge of electrical engineering programs.
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Comprehensive Post Apprenticeship Experience.
- Broad experience of all related Estates activities - multi skilling.
- Previous practical experience in mechanical engineering installation service maintenance and repair in at least 4 of the following areas:- o Laundry and catering equipment o Heating & boiler plant o Ventilation plant o Mechanical engineering services (bearing, gears, fittings, etc) o Compressors o Steam boiler plant and associated distribution systems o Sewage and drainage systems o Other general building services equipment
- Experience of cross-trade working and flexibility on electrical maintenance and other trades
- Full understanding of Electrical services and Electrical control systems.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good communicator.
- Good self-motivation.
- Good time management.
- Flexible approach to timekeeping.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.