Workplace Health and Wellbeing have the opportunity to welcome a further Occupational Health Adviser to join their clinical team at Rouen Road.
As the successful applicant, you will:
Full time 37.5 hours per week but would consider a minimum of 22.5 hrs. Interview date: 28th September 2023Main duties of the job
- undertake a range of clinical activities including immunisation assessments and administration as well as occupational health screening requirements.
- contribute to the delivery of services on both NHS and non-NHS customers.
To assist the delivery of Occupational Health services to an NHS customer and other external contracts under the supervision of a qualified occupational health nurse.
Undertake a variety of clinical duties which will include case management, health screening activities (eg Spirometry, audiometry, vision screening, height, weight, blood pressure), venepuncture as well as administration of occupational related immunisations.
You will be required to drive throughout Norfolk and Suffolk providing clinic and site visits, therefore a full UK driving licence is essential for the post (adjustments can be made for candidates with a disability)
You will be joining the WHWB team at Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital with the opportunity to work in a specialist field of Occupational Health with autonomous Working.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
The following skills and experience will be required and are essential for the successful candidates:
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To work within clearly defined Occupational Health procedures and within limits of competency.
- To record accurate and confidential occupational health information into staff records following all appointments and communication with the department. To update computerized records as required.
- To use Occupational Health knowledge, principles and practice to assess an individuals fitness to perform a particular job role at the pre-placement stage and during employment taking into account any relevant legislation such as the Equality Act 2010.
- To undertake health-screening tests, which include audiometry and spirometry, and to interpret the results in line with procedures and occupational health standards. To inform the client of the results and any implications on working practice. To liaise with a Senior Occupational Health Adviser in more complex cases or where results indicate.
- To assess an individuals immunity to certain diseases and where appropriate give advice or administer appropriate tests or vaccinations.
- 1st level Registered Nurse
- To have maintained up to date nursing knowledge
- Significant nurse experience
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Good interpersonal skills, Team working, Time Management
- Full UK Driving License (adjustments can be made for candidates with a disability)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic OH knowledge
- Audiometry Screening
- Lung function Screening
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
20 Rouen Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.