Interviews will be held on 28-Sep-2023
This is an exciting opportunity to head up Mental Health Urgent Care Services across Berkshire.
Your role would be to provide senior managerial strategic and operational management and leadership for:
- Crisis Response and Home Treatment Teams (CRHTT)
- A& E Liaison (Psychological Medicine Teams)
- Street Triage
- 111 Mental Health Urgent Pathway
The post holder will take the lead in the development of services in line with the Trust's Strategy and Annual Plan and ensure delivery of key targets in relation to service performance, governance, workforce planning, partnership development and financial sustainability.
In providing strategic leadership of the urgent care services, the post holder will be responsible to the relevant Divisional Director and will be expected to take a lead role in ensuring that service delivery is both safe and effective working closely with key service stake holders i.e. Trust Senior Management Team, clinical and professional leads, GPs, Local Authorities, Acute Providers, PCN Clinical Directors and other commissioning bodies.Main duties of the job
- Leading by example you will be working in partnership with the Clinical Leads for MH Urgent Care services, will provide a credible figurehead and be the key point of contact for stakeholders in the delivery of services.
- Working in conjunction with the Service Managers the post holder will be accountable for all clinical, operational and change management activities within urgent care mental health services.
- The post holder will be responsible for leading on appropriate national and regional programmes to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to MH urgent care priorities and national policy drivers. This will require working collaboratively with Service Users, Carers, Clinical Staff, and senior Trust colleagues, Local Authorities, voluntary sector, ICS partners in the delivery of clinical and operational services.
- The post holder will proactively and professionally provide support and senior management capacity to the hospital and urgent care pathways, operationally covering during periods of leave other senior Trust management colleagues.
- Working as part of the senior management team in the joint development and embedding of mental health best practice policies and procedures across the region.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
The post holder will also:
- Represent urgent care services within the ICS and ensure that services deliver the required performance and clinical outcomes. Collaborate with ICS partners to develop and deliver the requirements of the LTP.
- Be responsible for the development and monitoring of contractual undertakings and compliance with Care Quality Commission standards. agreement on service specifications, strategy, structure and operational delivery.
- The post holder will have direct line management service leaders and is accountable for the operational and strategic alignment of urgent care services.
- The post holder will lead on the development of the strategic plans and business planning cycle for MH Urgent Care services. Ensuring optimal use, deployment and supervision of physical and financial community resources 24 hours, 7 days per week for the population of Berkshire.
- To ensure staff and stakeholder involvement in decision making, service transformation and integration, the post holder will implement processes and lead by example on effective communications, irrespective of staff working patterns.
- They will also be responsible for ensuring good collaborative working relationships with other divisions across the Trust and for being proactive in ensuring safety, effectiveness and the patient experience adopting a corporate approach in dealing with cross boundary issues and the implementation of the Trust Service Model across patient pathways.
- Leading by example by actively promoting a culture of joint working and continuous service improvements across urgent and planned care services, the post holder will work flexibly and in partnership with the Clinical Leads to ensure clinical and operational alignment within agreed best practice processes and systems.
The must haves for this role:
- Registered Healthcare Professional
- Previous experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Evidence of ongoing relevant professional development and self-improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to use these both on the ward and in other internal/ external forums and situations.
Please see the attached Job Description for the full details of the role and responsibilities.
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Helen Robson on 07780 224 316, or via email Helen.Robson@Berkshire.nhs.uk wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where requiredPerson SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Master's level healthcare qualification and/or relevant professional qualification
- 5 years post qualification experience
- Master's degree level management qualification
- Successful track record of strategy formulation and implementation
- Proven experience of successful achievement of large-scale organisational change
- Proven experience of leading services that operate the Care Programme Approach successfully
- Proven record of establishing constructive interagency partnerships
- Senior management experience with the Public Sector
- Senior operational management experience of Mental Health Services within Health or Social Services
- Substantial experience of working effectively within and across multi-disciplinary agencies and teams
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Successful track record of delivering services to complex service user groups
Leadership & Management StyleEssential
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental health policy
- Knowledge of strategic planning process
- Knowledge of management of business risk
- Comprehensive knowledge of equal opportunities
- Managing budgets effectively
- Ability to lead with personal and professional credibility and authority
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Expert in clinical supervision and mentoring
- Proven ability to interpret external change and translate into practice
- Full range of general management skills including: -Analytical skills -Negotiation skills -Conflict resolution skills -Change management skills -Programme management skills -Performance management skills
- Open, participative, dynamic and supportive leadership and management style
- Ability to inspire and lead
- Ability to build alliances and secure ownership of proposals across organisational boundaries
- Ability to balance vision with pragmatism where appropriate
- Ability to manage in an outcome focused way against targets and milestones
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work flexibly including on call
- Ability to travel to multiple sites (delete as appropriate)
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
MH Urgent Care Management
Prospect Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.