An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced PPIE Lead (Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement) to join our brand new team within the new Academic Centre for Healthy Ageing (ACHA).
While the NHS has implemented policy and practice changes to improve care and support provision, there are gaps in research and knowledge that hinder the effectiveness of these changes. To help address these gaps, ACHA is taking a unique and innovative approach by placing research on the front line of local health and care services to create a 'living laboratory'.
This approach will bring together frontline experience and 'real-world' situations with academic research to improve understanding of the specific needs of local populations and develop targeted interventions and services accordingly.
We are committed to building strong, meaningful patient and public involvement and engagement from the outset and to strengthen PPIE across the entire integrated care system.
Effective communication is essential part of this role the post holder will support good communication with patients, families and carers and help resolve any concerns. This post will work alongside senior leaders within Barts Health NHS Trust and Queen Mary University of London, clinical and professional leads within the NHS, local authorities, voluntary sector organisations and members of the public.
The role will be predominantly office-based, with some home working and involve travel across London. We will be considering secondments.Main duties of the job
This job is part of the team within the new Academic Centre for Healthy Ageing (ACHA), which is being established to support new research and develop education and training programmes which will enable the NHS and social care partners to deliver transformed evidence based services to improve quality of life for older people across North East London (NEL).
The post holder will be an active and enthusiastic member of the ACHA team, leading on patient and public engagement and involvement, working to ensure the patient and public voice is embedded within ACHA's operating model. This will include coordination, communication and engagement with key stakeholders through a variety of methods.
Effective communication is essential part of this role the post holder will support good communication with patients, families and carers and help resolve any concerns. This strategic post will work alongside senior leaders within the NHS locally, clinical and academic leads, voluntary sector organisations and members of the public.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We are dedicated to being an outstanding place to work and will work with you to get the best experience. We know flexible working is not a one size fits all and will mean something different to everyone. We are inclusive, so if you are interested in flexible working, please speak to the recruiting manager.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Management qualification or equivalent
- Project Management Qualification
- Significant proven and preferably most recent experience in working in a research and / or healthcare setting
- Significant proven experience of handling challenging situations in the context of patient and public complaints
- Ability to meet agreed objectives and work independently
- Ability to make informed decisions that may affect the effectiveness of ACHAs ambition and strategy
- Whipps Cross catchment area and, more widely, north east London, including why ACHA is such an important enabler for change
- Understanding of the research process, what is involved and why the patient and public voice is so important
- Able to store information and data safely and securely
- Team leader - Empathetic, calm and focused within patient and public settings
- Facilitation skills, experience of providing leadership and ownership of tasks when communicating to staff of varying levels.
- Strong negotiation skills and a proven record of influencing staff at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent MS office skills, including Outlook, Word PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to meet agreed objectives and work independently
- Proven data analysis and handling skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative data to produce detailed and summary reports for a range of audiences both internally and externally
- Ability to identify and take appropriate action when own and others' actions undermine equality and diversity.
- The work is often unpredictable and the post holder may have to adapt to change in short time frames and be able to deliver revised outcomes
- Frequent concentration when preparing for meeting, training and report writing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to deal in a calm and confident manner to diffuse confrontational situations
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Whipps Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.