We are looking to recruit A Health Visitor to the 0-6 team in Scarborough. The successful candidate will have a passion and commitment to health visiting and working to improve the lives of children and families.
They will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to deliver under pressure and able to working a rapidly changing environment .Main duties of the job
The Health Visiting role is to deliver the Healthy Child Programme as part of team, planning, delivering and evaluating an efficient and cost effective service for an identified population, you will be delivering the National and Local Public Health agendas in response to identified health and social need working with partner agencies in a strategic, creative and holistic way, ensuring the best outcomes for children, young people and families.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide outstanding care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
We are an innovative team dedicated to promoting the health and wellbeing of the North Yorkshire population. The service have developed a blended approach to service delivery with a combination of office and home working options available. There is a robust package of clinical and safeguarding supervision provided to all staff.
The Health Visitors role is to prevent ill health and promote positive holistic health care for an identified population and community and to take responsibility for ensuring the physical and mental health needs of families, acting as an advocate for the client and community.
Health Visitors plan, organise and deliver programmes of care in conjunction with the family and the multi-disciplinary team and undertake continuous on-going assessment of children, young people and families. They provide an evidenced based service to children, people, families and communities in accordance with National and Local Policy initiatives.
You will need excellent communication skills and a passion for public health, alongside good organisational skills, flexibility to meet the needs of the service, and ability to travel independently to meet service delivery as required.
For further information on this position please see the Job Description and Personal Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level registered nurse.
- Specialist practitioner. (Hons, B. Sc. Hons, Health Visiting/ Public Health Nursing or equivalent)
- Evidence of continuous ongoing professional development.
- Nurse prescriber
- Evidence of teaching qualification
- Post Registration experience.
- Experience of clinical governance issues.
- Experience of inter-disciplinary working.
- Experience of managing caseload.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of participating on a service development change.
- Experience of a nursing leadership role.
- Experience of research and development in practice.
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.