Are you a qualified Speech & Language Therapist wanting to use your skills working with children, young people and their families?
We have an exciting fixed term opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our West Lancashire team. The Children's Therapy Service provides an excellent opportunity to work alongside dedicated professionals providing excellent high quality care to reduce the impact of disability to children and their families.
We work with children and young people aged 0- 19 with well-developed and evidenced based pathways covering the needs of children with communication needs. We can offer clinical and management supervision, specialist support by experienced senior staff, continuing professional development and specialist speech and language therapy forums. The Children's Therapy Service has a strong network of clinical leads and a professional lead for Children's speech and language therapy.Main duties of the job
The team comprises of occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and Physiotherapists. We work closely with colleagues in health, education and social care to provide a genuinely child-centred service. We work in a variety of locations, including clinics, children's own homes, nurseries and schools.
The successful candidate must be able to effectively manage their own time, and demonstrate excellent communication skills. An interest in working with children and their families is essential.
The Children's Therapies Team are led by a multidisciplinary management team, including a Professional Lead for speech and language therapy. This is an exciting time to join our team as clinicians are involved in developing our innovative services. You will be based within the West Lancashire locality team, but under exceptional circumstances may be required to provide occasional cover across to the Central Chorley and Preston teams.About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Degree or equivalent in Speech & Language Therapy
- Current Professional Registration with HCPC
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Evidence of formal training / self-study / specialist experience to post graduate level
- Understanding of clinical governance framework & implications for practice, including audit and research governance
- Knowledge of a broad range of assessment tools for children with diverse needs.
- Knowledge of a range of therapy techniques and programmes for children with diverse needs/ related to client group
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of recent and relevant post graduate experience encompassing the specialist field of practice. that demonstrates an in depth knowledge of specialist area
- Multi-disciplinary/multi-agency collaborative working
- Experience of working with children with complex needs and their families in community/non clinical setting
- Safeguarding of children and implementation of policy and procedures with evidence of training/updates
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Birleywood Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.