We are seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work within the Ashton, Leigh and Wigan Community Heart Failure Service. They must be committed to supporting and working with patients with a diagnosis of heart failure as part of the Long Term Conditions management. The successful candidate will join a Consultant Led Multidisciplinary team, committed to partnership working within community services.
This is a part time role (30 hours/week). Service hours are Monday to Friday 0800-1800 but in the future this could change to Monday to Sunday.Main duties of the job
Applicants for the Band 7 vacancy should hold both an independent non medical prescribing qualification and clinical examination qualification. We would warmly welcome candidates who have cardiac experience but may not hold these qualifications these could be considered for the Band 6 with structured development into a Band 7 post.
Training for the clinical examination and Non-Medical prescribing courses would be offered and once completed along with the BSH competencies, will be considered for promotion to the Band 7. Ideally applicants should already be working as a heart failure nurse or have significant cardiology experience at Band 6 or above, with a genuine interest in heart failure .
An Enhanced DBS with Adults' Barred List checks will be obtained during pre-employment checks.
This post involves contact with patients and families face to face within a community setting.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.About usChoose Well - Choose WWL
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that 'happy staff, makes for happy patients'. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement and living our values 'the WWL Way'.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Community Heart Failure service provides individual, evidence-based care for patients with a confirmed diagnosis of Heart Failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF and HFmrEF) to the patients who have a GP within the boroughs of Ashton, Wigan and Leigh. The purpose of the service is to educate, support, and improve the quality of life of those diagnosed with heart failure and to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
The job holder in partnership with members of the multidisciplinary team will be expected to provide evidence-based care and provide expert advice for patients and their carers with complex cardiac conditions, providing relevant treatments as required.
The post holder will lead on clinical audit activity within their specialist area where they will contribute / lead the ongoing development of clinical practice, standards of care within the service including the development of policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
The post holder is accountable for their safe, effective clinical practice and working as part of a defined team and supporting team performance, ensuring efficient and effective use of physical and human resources.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Adult Nurse on the NMC register.
- Relevant degree.
- Evidence of post registration qualification within specialism or professional knowledge supplemented by specialist experience and short courses to degree/masters' level.
- Recognised Teaching / Mentorship Module or equivalent experience
- NMC registered Non-Medical Prescriber (V300).
- To have or working towards a masters qualification.
- Advanced Communication skills training.
- Motivational and cognitive behavioural therapy short courses.
- Clinical Examination and Diagnostics module.
- Significant post registration experience with evidence of working as a clinical nurse specialist at B6 or above in the speciality of cardiology or cardiothoracic nursing.
- Experience of working with heart failure patients.
- Evidence and ability to revalidate as required by the NMC.
- Experience of positive multiagency working.
- Experience and enthusiasm for developing educational programmes and teaching / assessing and supervising others in a clinical setting.
- Excellent advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive change agent.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of service.
- Ability to work autonomously, manage / prioritise own workload, supervise / appraise and assess junior staff.
- Competent in a range of clinical skills and expanded practices relevant to the scope of practice required.
- Evidence of ability to compile reports and documents for internal / external communication.
- IT literate and champion new IT systems to enhance the patient consultation experience.
- Report writing skills.
- Risk assessment skills.
- Can demonstrate expert nursing knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of national policies and standards.
- Awareness of current national and local agenda in health and social care.
- Able to demonstrate highly developed specialist knowledge of own patient group.
- Comprehensive understanding of multi-agency working.
- Knowledge of corporate and clinical governance.
- Has an understanding / experience of the principles of safeguarding for staff, patients, and carers at risk.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work a varied shift pattern where required
- Able to travel across Trust independently
- Confidence to act as the patient advocate and challenge poor practice
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Speak English to an appropriate standard relevant to their role
Wrightington Wigan & Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.