Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and qualified Cardiac Physiologist keen to join an innovative team? Are you looking to expand into the world of paediatric cardiology? Do you have a passion for Electrophysiology are you looking to expand your Electrophysiology experience?
Would you love to be an advocate for young people, involved in a work experience program, working as a STEM ambassador or Aspire Youth Ambassador alongside your clinical role?
If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Cardiac Physiologist to join our friendly team in the Heart Investigation Unit (HIU) at Birmingham Childrens Hospital. Candidates are encouraged to arrange a visit to the department to find out more about what we can offer.
The post is ideal for someone working within an adult unit who has an interest in paediatric cardiology or for candidates currently working in paediatric units looking a change or career progression. The post will involve working in a dynamic enthusiastic team working alongside some of the leading specialists in congenital heart disease, inherited cardiac conditions and cardiac imaging.
Since February 2017, we were officially launched as Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust. Our vision is a world-leading team providing world-leading care, our goal is to provide the best place to work and be cared for, where research and innovation thrives, creating a global impact. To do this we have 3 values: Ambitious, Brave and Compassionate.Main duties of the job
Birmingham Childrens Hospital is the UKs leading specialist paediatric Centre, caring for sick children and young people up to the age of 16. Rated as Outstanding by the CQC in February 2017, we are a world leader in some of the most advanced treatments, complex surgical procedures and cutting-edge research and development.
HIU currently provides a full range of cardiac investigations for outpatients, cardiac and non-cardiac inpatients and critical care patients. The successful candidate will take an active role in the Heart Investigation Unit with provision of hemodynamic monitoring during both diagnostic and interventional Cardiac Catheterisation procedures, expanding Electrophysiology service, provision of Physiologist support in Pacemaker implantation and follow ups. Other duties include carrying out Physiologist led Exercise Testing, ECG, Ambulatory Holter and BP monitoring.
Applicants must have a BSc in Clinical Physiology (Cardiology) / PTP or equivalent and meet the requirements of RCCP/HCPC registration. As a band 7, if not already held, you would be expected to work towards a specialist accreditation in Electrophysiology through IBHRE / BHRS within 2 years of commencing in the post. Until then the successful candidate will be employed as a Band 6 Senior Cardiac Physiologist. Applicants must be willing to contribute the departments on on-call rota both evenings and weekends.About us
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK. Our Trust was formed in February 2017 to drive forward our commitment to provide the highest quality, world-class physical and mental health care for our women, children and families.
Uniting our hospitals means more seamless care more investment to make greater advances in our specialist treatment and world-leading neo-natal and fetal work. Importantly, it also gives us a greater voice in shaping the future of family-centred care.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas. Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care. Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. Alongside partners FTB offers care pathways of mental health assessment and treatment for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification to view the full details for this opportunity at Birmingham Womens and Childrens NHS Foundation Trust.
When completing your application, please ensure you have evidenced how you meet the job description and person specification to include transferable experience, qualifications, skills along with professional registration details (if applicable).
Occasionally we receive a large number of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Extensive experience of employment as a Senior Cardiac Physiologist in a Clinical setting.
- Experience of participating in catheter lab on-call duties
- Experience of teaching and training
- Experience of employment in a NHS setting
- Experience of employment as a Cardiac Physiologist within a paediatric setting.
- Experience of mentoring
- Experience of supervising Physiologist-led exercise tests
- BSc Clinical Physiology (with Cardiology specialist option) from RCCP / SCST approved educational provider or equivalent qualification / experience as approved by RCCP / SCST
- Specialist accreditation in Electrophysiology, ie BHRS or IBHRE or equivalent
Physical and Misc. CharacteristicsEssential
- Registered Cardiac Physiologist with RCCP / HCPC, if un-registered must meet requirements of registration & complete registration within an agreed time frame.
- Immediate Life Support (ILS) provider.
- IT qualification to include competency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access eg ECDL or equivalent
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Good health record
- Desire to work with Children
- Proficient in and possesses a strong underpinning knowledge of the provision of haemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterisation procedures, to include right & left heart catheters.
- Competent in and possesses a good underpinning knowledge of pacemaker implantation and follow-up.
- Competent in and possesses a good underpinning knowledge of Electrophysiology and Ablation procedures.
- Highly proficient in and possesses a strong underpinning knowledge of resting and ambulatory ECG and BP recording and interpretation and exercise testing.
- Competent in and possesses a good underpinning knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Exercise Test.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to include presentation skills. Able to convey complex and sensitive information.
- Good team player
- Good organisational and time management skills. Able to delegate. Efficient and effective.
- Capable of working with a high degree of autonomy where required.
- Shows willingness to accept accountability for decision-making.
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Birmingham Children's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.