Are you a Neuropsychologist or Clinical Psychologist interested in neurorehabilitation? Do you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and working across neurorehabilitation pathways?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Psychologist to join our rehabilitation service at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (ESHT). You will be working along the rehabilitation pathway, including our community services and the Irvine Unit inpatient neurorehabilitation unit at Bexhill.
As a Principal Psychologist, you will have the chance to lead and develop a new service, work on exciting projects, and contribute to cutting-edge research.
The post holder will be employed within Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust (SPFT), working in partnership with ESHT, and you will be part of the wider Clinical Health Psychology Service (CHP) within SPFT. As a member of the CHP team you will have the opportunity to participate in the training and development offered by CHP, the Neuropsychology team, the wider SPFT Psychology Professions Network and the Sussex Neuropsychology Peer Supervision group.
You will also have the opportunity to work with the professional leadership teams at ESHT and SPFT to develop further insight into the needs for clinical neuropsychology provision across East Sussex.Main duties of the job
As part of an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team, you will:
- Work with SPFT and ESHT Professional Leads and AHP Rehabilitation Consultant to undertake a scoping exercise to enable a more detailed understanding of the needs for clinical neuropsychology within our rehabilitation services at ESHT.
- Provide support to clinical decision-making, advice and intervention on a case-by-case basis to colleagues in our acute setting (major trauma and stroke), and our community neurorehabilitation service.
- Offer specialist clinical neuropsychology assessments and interventions for clients and their families on the rehabilitation pathway on a case-by-case basis.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team in providing advice and support around psychological assessment, formulation and consultation.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary training sessions to support the knowledge and skills of all staff within the service
Utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the area served by the service as well as contributing to service developments and the quality improvements programme for rehabilitation and Rehab, Recovery & Restoration Forum. More can be found here - Rehabilitation Transformation Programme - East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (esht.nhs.uk)About us
At East Sussex Hospital Trust (ESHT), we provide multidisciplinary neurorehabilitation across all pathways from the acute stroke unit, our intermediate care neurorehabilitation unit, and specialist community services.
The post holder will work in partnership with Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust (SPFT), the largest provider of psychology and psychological therapies in Sussex. SPFT is rated good overall and outstanding for caring by the Care Quality Commission.
We encourage flexible working. We know that a positive work/life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which positively impacts the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, part-time hours or certain shift preferences. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Our Partnership Perks:
- NHS discount scheme - including reductions on fuel, high street and online purchases, as well as Blue Light Card advantages!
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays)
- Excellent NHS Pension
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free parking on-site
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC, where 82% agree that care for patients is our top priority
- Access to full psychological support via our internal well-being team
Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and developmentJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To join our team, you will have:
- Post Doctorate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology or training ongoing
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK) as approved by the Health Professions Council
- Professional registration as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council
- Significant experience working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist within various neurological settings and a wide variety of client groups
See the attached job description and person specification for full details.
We welcome applications from candidates who are looking for an opportunity to develop their skills and shape the development of neuropsychology provision within rehabilitation for East Sussex and will consider part-time and flexible working. For informal discussions please contact Karen Poole, AHP Rehabilitation Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Jane Vinnicombe, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Neuropsychologist email@example.comPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Post Doctorate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology (Under-Pinning Knowledge Component) or training on-going
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK] as approved by the HPC, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology
- Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist within various neurological settings.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in-patient and residential care settings severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified care coordinator and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan.
- Doctoral level knowledge of research design and methodology.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group
- Well-developed knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specific difficult to treat groups
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of highly specialised psychological therapies and assessment methodologies
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the HPC.
- Formal training in supervision of other psychologists.
- High level knowledge of the theory and practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies
- Experience of teaching, training and/or professional and clinical supervision.
- Experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.