Band 5 Job Opportunity for Newly Qualified Radiographers or qualified Radiographers looking for a career change and to develop their skills.
The Wycombe radiology department offers a wide range of services to multiple specialities including Cardiac, Stroke, Neurology, Urology and Orthopaedics . Band 5 radiographers will go through a 12 week induction programme to prepare them for working as an autonomous professional.
This post will be based at Wycombe General Hospital but the successful applicant may work cross-site as required.Main duties of the job
- To work unsupervised in designated areas of imaging, in and out of hours asking advice when necessary and following protocols as appropriate.
- To undertake equipment quality assurance in line with QA Programme. Vet and accept imaging requests. Use imaging sequences appropriate to the patients' condition.
The post holder will be required to develop skills to identify and markabnormalities on plain films (Red Dot Procedure) in order to assist referring clinicians to interpret images.
Be able to work unsupervised out of hours and perform a CT head and limited contrast enhanced examinations unsupervised once trained.
Supervise students once all competencies have been completed.
Effective communication with a wide range of service users including patients, carers and other clinical professionals inside and outside the TrustAbout us
Working for your organisation Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- DCR or BSc in Radiography.
- Registration with HPC
- Evidence of CPD depending on length of qualification
- Experience of working in a busy hospital environment
- 12 months working as a radiographer or student in the UK
- Ability to travel to other sites.
- Ability to work internal rotation including OOH work
- Plain Film Imaging experience
- Theatre imaging experience
- Strong knowledge and application of radiation protection procedures, IRR17 and IR(ME)R 17
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- IT Literate
- Commitment to training other staff and students.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Wycombe General Hospital
Queen Alexandra Road
High Wycombe- expected to work cross sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.