This is a rare and exciting opportunity for someone to help shape and develop nursing services in the community.
If you aspire to offer clinical excellence have the experience and skills to develop nursing services and are looking to take the next step in your leadership journey within a supportive and cohesive service, then we would love to hear from you.
Please feel free to contact us for an informal discussion.
As an employee of Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust you will be required to adhere to the Trust's overriding value of putting patients at the heart of everything we do.Main duties of the job
The Forensic Community Mental Health Team (FCMHT) in Derbyshire is expanding and now looking for an experienced, dynamic, and innovative lead nurse.
Come join our supportive team of psychologists, psychiatrists, occupational therapists, nurses, and enablement workers in delivering care that makes a difference to people's lives in the community.
The successful candidate will work alongside and liaise with other partner agencies such as police, probation, CMHT and inpatient units.
Feedback from multi-agencies working with the FCMHT have been positive, examples are:
From Probation, I have worked with the new Forensic Mental Health Service since June 2019. I cannot fault the service they have provided to date. Communication has been excellent which has helped to build a positive working relationship, and the staff have been responsive to both the needs of the client and to myself as a practitioner.
From MOSOVO, Doing joint visits together coupled with regular discussions has helped to put joint Risk Management Plans together and identify those risk management decisions that have been needed especially for our more complex cases. Working together means we can each provide a robust risk overview, from both clinical and criminal perspectives. Your insight with this has been invaluableAbout us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationEducation and ExperienceEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- ENB 998/Mentoring in Practice
- Experience of working with people who have severe and enduring needs
- Community Mental health experience
- Understanding team dynamics and promoting a positive working culture to support team cohesion.
- Ability to build effective working relationships internally and externally to the organisation
- High level understanding of Mental Health disorders and treatment models
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of Safety planning
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act (1983), MCA (2005) including Sections / Treatment Orders relating to Forensic client group
- Ability to work autonomously and set own priorities
- Working knowledge of the principles of CPA (Care Programme Approach) where appropriate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of external agencies related to forensic client group eg, Probation Service, CJLT, Prison
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.