An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Full Time Consultant Psychiatrist to join The Older Peoples Mental Health team working in the community locality in the West of Southampton with a catchment area of 10,000 Older Adults.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work in close working relationship with another part time consultant as well as a senior associate specialist doctor in the West Southampton team. The medical team currently consists in addition to this vacancy a permanent part time consultant psychiatrist as well as 8 sessions of an experienced associate specialist who is a CCT holder in old age psychiatry. The west Southampton team is a mature team with its staff able to undertake initial assessments of referrals, including urgent referrals as part of an established duty system.
The post holder will only have community responsibilities and on call duties (approximately 1 in 18)About us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?
Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?
We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description for further detail on the role. The person specification is also available in the attached document.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- To hold Approved Clinician status at the point of taking up post
- MRCPsych or recognised equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 12 months of CCT at time of interview.
- Approved under section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983.
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Western Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.