Our Learning & Organisational Development team have recently grown in number to build on the strides we've taken in recent years. In line with our culture goals, East Kent has an established, permanent OD team which drives leadership development, team development, talent management, and a consultancy service to support local team effectiveness.
We are now looking for an Organisational Development Consultant on a permanent basis who will help to continue establishing this internal consultancy service and provide specialist and high-impact OD consultancy support to a wide range of leaders, teams and departments across the Trust.
Joining a team of OD professionals, you'll work closely with leaders and teams, as well as network across all levels of the organisation, to support the delivery of the OD agenda the scope of that agenda is huge and our priorities aim to help support East Kent Hospitals to be the best it can be.
We're looking for an experienced OD Practitioner with the ability to influence, coach and facilitate organisational change.Proactive, determined, collaborative and passionate are some the words we would use to describe our prospective OD Consultant
Sound like you? Then you could be just what we are looking for.
If you'd like to know more about the role, team and organisation, please get in touch for an informal discussion.Main duties of the job
To work collaboratively with OD/People & Culture, site and Care Group colleagues to lead the development, delivery and evaluation of OD interventions across the organisation, with a view to supporting Trust-wide cultural change.
To support the achievement of the Trust's People Strategy including facilitating organisational change, leadership development, team effectiveness, talent management and coaching.About usApplications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability.
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with five hospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 695,000 people.Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'.
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It's about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
If you are considering applying for any vacancy with East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust (EKHUFT) please ensure you are comfortable being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and that you understand that we are treating COVID-19 positive patients within our hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKEY RESULT AREAS
- Operate as an internal OD consultant contract, develop, facilitate and evaluate programmes of OD work, tailored to meet identified needs
- Lead priority OD\engagement projects (e.g. Talent Management, staff engagement, leadership development, team effectiveness), ensuring alignment across the Trust
- Design, facilitate and evaluate management and leadership development programmes
- Fully integrate the patient voice and patient experience in the design and delivery of OD interventions that support the development of individuals and teams
- Analyse and make recommendations on complex HR/OD data e.g. staff survey results, to ensure all work undertaken is evidence based
- Work autonomously, guided by OD principles, policies and organisational values, to achieve defined results
- Establish and maintain appropriate information systems and metrics for measuring the impact of OD on organisational performance
- Coach identified high potential colleagues and leaders particularly as they transition to new roles
- Formulate long-term strategic plans and facilitate a broad range of complex activities to support large-scale organisational change
- Develop and implement relevant OD policies for the Trust and work with partner organisations to create a consistent approach across the region
- Keep up-to-date with national and regional OD policy development and research initiatives, maintain highly specialist knowledge of contemporary organisational development theory and interventions
- Masters degree in OD/HR or equivalent post graduate experience
- Hold a recognised HR/OD post graduate qualification
- Consultancy skills
- Ability to design, facilitate and evaluate OD interventions
- Ability to present complex information in a logical concise way
- Coaching qualification
- Personality profiling accreditation eg MBTI step 1 qualified
- Internal/external consultancy
- Facilitating development programmes for managers and leaders
- Leading organisation wide OD projects
- Experience of working in the NHS
- OD consultancy process
- OD models and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of the strategic issues facing organisations undergoing transformational change
- Upholds and models Trust values
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to facilitate workshops/team sessions
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kent & Canterbury Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.