This post is eligible for the Trust 'Welcome to NELFT' Payment, a lump sum of 10% of agreed basic salary (pro rata if part time and exclusive of HCAS payments) (subject to a minimum of �4,000 and maximum of �10,000) and is open to all new applicants who are successfully appointed. Payment of the incentive is 50% of the lump sum at the end of the probationary period (typically six months) and then 50% at the end of year two. This welcome package is applicable to external candidates only.
An opportunity has arisen for a Community Sickle Cell Nurse within the Community Childrens Nursing Team tea based in Grays Essex.
We are looking for a children's nurse with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience who would like to join this small but dynamic and forward thinking team and work in the community. If you are an overseas qualified nurse and wanting to start your journey to becoming a UK based registered nurse with the NMC, you can check whether you are eligible to be supported through our Capital Nurse consortium. Please visit https://www.capitalnurselondon.co.uk/how-to-apply/. Whilst NELFT is happy to welcome overseas nurses we are unable to consider your application directly. You should submit your interest and apply through the Capital Nurse London group.Main duties of the jobThe main responsibilities of the post are:
o To act as an autonomous, registered practitioner who is legally and professionally accountable for own unsupervised actions guided by the professional code of conduct and Trust guidelines and protocols.
- Develop and utilise appropriate advice and support mechanisms to facilitate discharge and prevention of attendance and admission to hospital.
- Assess, plan and evaluate the needs of the child and family, without direct supervision, ensuring the voice of the child is reflected in all care planning
- To be responsible for organising and prioritising own and others workload in the day to day allocation of work.
- To be able to communicate complex patient related information to the child and family/carers with empathy and reassurance, facilitating positive outcomes and ensuring collaborative working.
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �1,192 and a maximum payment of �2,011 per annum pro rata).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nX8CImoDX8Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe team covers the areas of Brentwood, Billericay, Basildon, Colchester, Chelmsford, Harlow, Wickford and Thurrock. A car driver is essential for this role. The service hours are 9-5pmPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Registered Children's Nurse
- BSc Hons Community Specialist Practice (Community Children's Nursing)
- Assessing and Diagnostic course
- Mentorship Qualification
Skills and OtherEssential
- Minimum 2 years post registration experience in acute and/or community setting
- Experience of multi-agency/disciplinary working
- Evidence of innovative and evidence based practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective management skills e.g. leadership and negotiation
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage a caseload (self & others) without supervision
- To be able to travel efficiently throughout the area
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Grays Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.