We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative dietitian with a passion for diabetes to join our dedicated team.
Our services support adults who require specialist support to help manage their diet and lifestyle and blood glucose control. We see a variety of patients in both an inpatient and outpatient setting. The team work closely within an MDT and support antenatal and transition clinics.
As a dietitian you will be a valued part of our multi-disciplinary teams providing holistic care for patients. You will be given opportunities to lead in the development of our service and be supported within your roles to continue with professional development. Successful applicants will gain experience across all diabetes care and progression within the profession.
The team are based in the diabetes endocrinology and metabolism centre in Manchester Royal Infirmary.
We offer training, flexibility, friendliness, and a caring environment and provide several benefits.
We welcome applicants who are returning to practice following career breaks and have recent experience in the team to support individuals reactivating their HCPC membership. We are also opened to supporting Band 5 to Band 6 progressions for those looking to take the next steps in their careers.
previously applicants need not apply.
Flexible working hours - part time Band 6.Main duties of the job
To assess treat and support patients living with diabetes who require dietetic support.The post will also include training and delivering of structured education and group sessions in a variety of areas. The successful applicant may be working in a variety of settings including wards, outpatient clinics in the diabetes centre and St. Marys Hospital. They may occasionally work in the community to deliver structured education.
To act as an autonomous practitioner and source of expertise in the areas outlined above, supporting junior staff and other health care professionals where required.
To undertake training including audit and evaluation as part of the team
To be actively involved in the training and supervision of student dietitians
To be involved with Service Quality Improvement projects
To attend and feedback in MDT meetings
To empower people in their care through shared decision makingAbout us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Dietitian
- Higher degree or advanced diploma in Dietetics
- Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition Group Clinical Update Course or equivalent Advanced Dietetic approved course
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Relevant post registration clinical experience
- Experience of regular teaching and delivery of presentations - locally
- Produce and present clear / concise and timely written information.
- Clinical supervisory student training course & regular involvement in student training and assessment
- Portfolio of audit / research experience
- Member of BDA Specialist Interest Group
- Published audit / research
- Sound knowledge of clinical dietetics including anthropometric measurement, biochemical interpretation & devising highly complex nutritional treatment plans
- Detailed knowledge of clinical governance
- Participation in continuing professional development to ensure evidence based practice
- Advanced communication motivation, questioning & listening skills (completion of advanced counselling skills course)
- Can work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to reflect & critically appraise own work & that of others
- Able to prioritise work load & projects
- Work autonomously
- Produce and present clear / concise and timely written information.
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrate Leadership Qualities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work with a range of age groups
- European Computer Driving License
- Appraisal Training / experience
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Manchester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.