An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic self-motivated individual to join our busy Corporate and Health Records Department at the Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust (LTHT).
This is an exciting time to join the Corporate and Health Records Department as we are transitioning from a paper-led service to an electronic digital service.
In this role you will support the Health and Corporate Records service across the Trust, covering all five sites. You will be responsible for the operational management of services and teams, ensuring this runs in a safe, effective, and efficient way. You will provide advice to departments within the Trust regarding corporate records management, in accordance with current legislation and local/national guidance to support implementation of continuous quality improvements.
You will work closely with the Trusts electronic patient record (EPR) team to assist in the management of the transition from paper to electronic records.
Are you ready to use your digital information management skills in a way that makes a positive impact on peoples lives, supporting the utilisation of electronic records for clinicians enabling them to provide optimal patient care, if so this role is for you.Main duties of the job
You will play a will play a leading role in delivering this digital transformation, ensuring that professional standards, operational effectiveness and all legal requirements are considered in what will be a significant change management process.
You will be responsible for the effective strategic and operational management of the Healthcare Records Departments and Library functions across the Trust, the continued operational day-to-day provision of a high quality, reliable, compliant & timely medical records service delivered to the Trust.
You will support the Head of Corporate & Health Records Manager providing senior leadership and accountable management for delegated tasks in the strategic development of the Health Records Service, including electronic document management.
For a more detailed understanding of the main responsibilities of this post please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.About us
DIT at LTHT is a highly motivated and inclusive place to work. We hold our Leeds Way Values in high esteem and respect all colleagues. Within the trust we are always looking to improve and give the best service possible and we are looking for individuals with the same drive to join us.
DIT look after the Trusts information technology, responsible for delivering and embedding the latest digital innovations, finding the right hardware and software to meet business needs, turning information into insight and everything in between. Its an exciting time to join us, as we offer varied and rewarding opportunities.
Wed love to consider your application if you want to be a part of delivering operational services that allow patients to be treated effectively across Leeds.
This advert may close early if sufficient applications are received, so please apply as soon as possible. Previous applicants need not apply.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Corporate and Health Records Department is undergoing a significant transformation as the Trust migrates from a predominantly paper-based health records service towards a comprehensive electronic health record (EHR). To support continuous improvement of the health of the populations we serve, and to achieve more effective integration between health and the care services of our Local Authority partners.
The Deputy Head of Corporate and Health Records will play a leading role in delivering this digital transformation, ensuring that professional standards, operational effectiveness and all legal requirements are considered in what will be a significant change management process.
The post-holder will be responsible for the effective strategic and operational management of the Healthcare Records Departments and Library functions across the Trust, the continued operational day-to-day provision of a high quality, reliable, compliant & timely medical records service delivered to the Trust.
To support the Head of Corporate & Health Records Manager providing senior leadership and accountable management for delegated tasks in the strategic development of the Health Records Service, including electronic document management.
To provide operational and senior management leadership for the Medical Records function across the Trust providing advice and guidance in all aspects of Health Records Management.
Provide medical records input to strategy changes and business cases for transformational change within the Department and working in collaboration with the Head of Corporate & Health Records Manager and Associate Director of Digital on other wider Digital initiatives for Department and Trust.
The Deputy Head of Corporate and Health Records will have 2 core sets of responsibilities:
1) Digital Transformation
Delivering digital transformation change ensuring professional standards, operational effectiveness and all legal requirements are considered.
(2) Operational management of the Corporate & Health Records Service.
The management and delivery of a complex cross-site corporate and health records service. This includes the performance management and monitoring of standards in relation to both the service and the Trusts compliance against key measures.Person SpecificationSkills and BehavioursEssential
- Team worker able to lead and motivate, encourages freedom to act and accountability.
- Planning and organisation, prioritisation, strategy formulation and management.
- Designing and implementing reporting, planning and monitoring information processes and systems.
- Complex analytical report writing.
- Project management.
- Patient pathway mapping.
- Process redesign
- NHS information standards, central returns and information systems.
- NHS targets and performance indicators, including access, clinical and efficiency.
- Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Caldicott.
- Analytical tools: statistical techniques, forecasting, modelling, simulation and benchmarking.
- IT tools SQL, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint. Clinical and administrative systems.
- Significant experience in an NHS senior information management role
- Internet technologies.
- Basic medical terminology.
- Patient administration and clinical coding processes.
- Works to a high degree of accuracy within tight deadlines.
- 2.A team leader, able to build and maintain an efficient and effective team.
- 3.Communicating complex data and concepts to a broad range of staff groups with varied levels of information literacy ensuring the accurate and effective use of information.
- 4.Uses a range of innovative approaches to move a situation on, understanding the broader trends in national policies, health improvement, service delivery
- 5.Occasional staffing issues including personal, disciplinary and redeployment/redundancy situations
- Post graduate degree or equivalent level qualification in a numerate/analytical discipline (e.g. statistics) or equivalent experience.
- UKCHIP certified Level 3.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post Graduate study in Informatics.
- Record Management Code of Practice
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
St. James's University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.